Latest CM2 Build: News release!!

Originally posted by IronChef4:

WHOA WHOA WHOA. . . wait. . .

What is this a picture of exactly? The first build. . . what? Or someone's doctoring? I'm honestly curious.

Damn newbies... ;)

Those are screen shots of pre-alpha CMBO days, I think when it was CMBO still was called Beyond Squad Leader (or Computer ASL).

My first reaction to seeing that pic the first time was: 'When can I preorder? '

Originally posted by Compassion:

hehe... I wonder if anyone saved that pic that someone made of the splash screen that looks like it was made by a 4 year old with crayon... Always liked that one "Combat mishun by steve and charlie" (or somesuch).

David Aitken did that. Searching the 2000/01 archives would probably dig it up.

And yes, I am way too lazy to do it myself.

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Compassion:

hehe... I wonder if anyone saved that pic that someone made of the splash screen that looks like it was made by a 4 year old with crayon... Always liked that one "Combat mishun by steve and charlie" (or somesuch).

David Aitken did that. Searching the 2000/01 archives would probably dig it up.

And yes, I am way too lazy to do it myself.</font>

Ahhh, the old days of the C64 version. I had to overclock my machine with 0.99 Mhz to play the larger scenarios. Modding required you to sketch the bitmap on rastered paper, then entering lots of zeroes and ones. My datasette took 15 minutes or more to load the game. Too bad it was never available on modern floppy discs.

You've come a long way. Keep it up.