CM Outpost - Testing, 1, 2, 3

Couple of tests here. First to see if files posted on the new web host site is available from external links. Here goes...

TigerI.jpg

Hey! It works. This new "Preview Post" was a nice update to this forum smile.gif

I've got the pre-DraGoon level of the site on the new account. I've been in touch with DraGoon and he is sending his updates to me. While I wait for it, I thought I'd activate the site and work out any issues.

The cmoutpost.net domain name is obviously not in the servers yet. Couple of days. In the mean time, the static IP address will get folks to the page...

CM Outpost ---> 66.132.29.58

Don't save above as a link! The address is bound to change. Someone let me know if it works or not!

The following will be the actual link to save...

CM Outpost ---> cmoutpost.net

Now that previous link won't work at the moment, but any day it should. It will work as soon as DNS is updated.

Welcome Back smile.gif ! Happy to see you again.

Just one thing (sorry :D ) : the text (under July 1) is in a very faint blueish color I find quite difficult to read. This was on a laptop, so it may be a screen issue.

Sig

Hi Sig,

Yea, that is a first. Text is blue? Its actually a toned down white due to the very dark back ground. The color is an effect of your laptop.

I'm currently using a flat screen myself, though its a 42" beast, so a little bigger than my laptop. Looks fine on that. No blue text on my laptop either.

Once things settle down, I'll try lightening up the text and we'll give it a run. I don't want it too bright. I don't know if it will solve your blue text issue, but it will be a brighter blue.

Thanks for bringing up the issue. Its exactly what I'm looking for.

Originally posted by kump:

(snip)Its actually a toned down white due to the very dark back ground. (snip)

Hello.

Very dark background? Very DARK background?? Ack, I must have slipped in an opposite universe: I see a white background... :eek:

I just tested on 3 different browsers (just in case): IE 5.5, Netscape Communicator 4.79 and Netscape 7.0 (pre-release 1)-> same.

Bah, I suppose I'll have to test on a "regular" PC, at home ;) .

Sig

Glad to see the Outpost back! Whenever I attempted to get some of my buds from other wargames to give CM a try, I'd include a link to the Outpost as an example of what a fully-modded version of the game could look like.

Is everyone getting the light blue on white???

The only difference now is that I'm not FTPing files to the server, but rather the FrontPage Publish (makes life easier). Its the same pages.

The other difference is that I was "forced" to upgrade to FP 2002. I'm starting to wonder.

Is anyone out there getting the old look, grey-white text on a black background?

Hmmm... I'll look into it...

----------

The background is a repeating picture, BLACK. Its a gif file. Don't know why some see it white. I've updated the site with a JPEG substitute for the background. Looks same to me. Anyone with white backgrounds please speak up! Thanks.

----------

And I also forced the background color to black so that your browser won't make irresponsible decisions. Let me know Sig!

[ July 02, 2002, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: kump ]

Good Day Sir,

I am very pleased to see the Outpost coming alive again. It was always a favorite.

I have not gone to every last page of the site so I cannot speak for it all from my viewing. The only places so far that I have seen the dark background (Sherman tank in negative) is in the Mods section when opening an actual picture comparison page. In particular I visited pages representing DD's and Tiger's work and on those pages there was a dark background.

Every where else I have been on the site is a white background with text in a light grey except for colored fonts in menu items and such.

--Randl

Originally posted by kump:

Randl, can you try now. Please refresh the page so the cached version is replaced. Thanks.

Very nice sir. The background came up pretty as you please right off the bat this time. Didn't have to refresh either.

--Randl

Well, just not ready for full time yet. On vacation and using another PC I noted some more of those "white" pages. Will have to fix when I get back home tomorrow.

Also, my stupid domain name is STILL not active. Its been over a week now and static address still required. Grumble.

When domain name is working and I've worked on DraGoon's additions, I'll post an official announcement with CMHQ.

PS: I've started on a new project for the site. A complete list of CMBO units and available mods for each unit. While that is going on, I'll add new comparisons for some of the new great Mods out there.

[ July 06, 2002, 09:53 PM: Message edited by: kump ]