Hey Panzer Leader, did you know....

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I guess Hiram belongs to that line of chicken-**** conformists, like my parents, who feel that the entire world is wrong, unless they eat exactly what they eat, watch what they watch on TV, and enjoy the same liesure time activities as they do. And God help anybody else who deviates from this narrowly held view of what is "normal."

By all means, Hiram, do post me some photos of your house/apartment/room in your mom's house, and let me know what you consider acceptable decor. I am sure we would all be thrilled to see it. I do presume you don't live in a glass house.

Ouch.

If being passionate about something lets me answer people who write and ask "what did my daddy do in the war, he never told me, and I have no clue" well, go ahead and call me disturbed. I thought we were put on this planet to help each other - not to revel in such mundane matters as "getting laid" (funny the importance men of Hiram's age place on that - some people would tell you that getting into the afterlife takes priority, but hey, whatever floats your boat) or cutting other people down on internet message boards. But I guess that's up to each of us to decide.
Michael, that you do such things and help keep the memory of that generation alive is admirable. You do have a passion -- albeit an unusual one -- just as many of us here have passions.

My wife thinks me odd for wanting to study on the military campaigns and political campaigns of men long dead. She finds my collection of old political campaign buttons amusing. But I am the first person she recommends to lecture local history classes on the subjects.

We all have our passions. Be glad you have one.

Steve

P.S. However, the mannekin in your living room does squeeze you past me on the "Nerd" scale.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By all means, Hiram, do post me some photos of your house/apartment/room in your mom's house, and let me know what you consider acceptable decor. I am sure we would all be thrilled to see it. I do presume you don't live in a glass house.

Thanks for the laugh, Michael. That was pretty good. My age is in my profile and I live alone. Thanks for the concern though. I think I'll refrain from posting pictures of my personal hovel.

I still think it's odd that you would do what you do, but that is...my opinion. I still have the right/privelage on this board to post my opinion. It's your choice on how you react to my opinion. Your reaction was enjoyable though.

Regarding passion, much of mine is for large hipped ladies.

[ June 26, 2002, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Thanks for the laugh, Michael. That was pretty good. My age is in my profile and I live alone. Thanks for the concern though. I think I'll refrain from posting pictures of my personal hovel.

I still think it's odd that you would do what you do, but that is...my opinion. I still have the right/privelage on this board to post my opinion. It's your choice on how you react to my opinion. Your reaction was enjoyable though.

Regarding passion, much of mine is for large hipped ladies.</font>

Originally posted by The_Capt:

Look out the Grog has teeth!!

I doubt if it matters to you Michael but my estimate of you just went up a couple of points and that is something I do not give out easily.

I actually take that as an extreme compliment, Warren, thanks. Now that all the relevant parties have responded, maybe it really IS time to end with this group hug? I think we ALL live in glass houses, or we wouldn't be here as often as we are.

No?

Panzer Leader, you're right, I should have kept this civil.

Michael Dorosh

later that same post...

If Hiram truly, truly doesn't understand the importance of having passions - well, then there is little hope for him. He can join the work-go home-drink beer-until-unconscious school of Life
You sir, have crossed the line. This was a nice, albeit quirky, post that was getting a nice head of steam built up and you have to go and insult beer drinking. :mad:

What has the world come to? Can't beer drinking be a passion? In fact, what high-school-through-college-aged isn't passionate about drinking and carousing? :confused:

Please continue with less beer bashing. :D

If being passionate about something lets me answer people who write and ask "what did my daddy do in the war, he never told me, and I have no clue" well, go ahead and call me disturbed. I thought we were put on this planet to help each other - not to revel in such mundane matters as "getting laid" (funny the importance men of Hiram's age place on that - some people would tell you that getting into the afterlife takes priority, but hey, whatever floats your boat) or cutting other people down on internet message boards. But I guess that's up to each of us to decide.

Michael, that was simply beautiful.

You're still a complete nutter, of course, but I'd be proud to stand up in any mental competency hearing and say I know you.

P.S. - I think Hiram was simply having you on, lad. Like myself, of course, he can go a bit over the top, though.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Michael, that was simply beautiful.

You're still a complete nutter, of course, but I'd be proud to stand up in any mental competency hearing and say I know you.

P.S. - I think Hiram was simply having you on, lad. Like myself, of course, he can go a bit over the top, though.</font>

I actually take that as an extreme compliment, Warren, thanks. Now that all the relevant parties have responded, maybe it really IS time to end with this group hug? I think we ALL live in glass houses, or we wouldn't be here as often as we are.

No?

Uh, no thanks. After all this talk of passions and convincing women to dress in SS uniforms, I think I need some "quiet time."

DjB