Axis vehicle list

mike8g

Originally posted by Juha Ahoniemi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Guys, Im pretty sure the landsverk served as an AA weapon in rear areas and never actually saw any ground combat. Does anyone have any info to the contrary?

Dan

This is what I could dig up at this notice:

http://www.pp.htv.fi/jveijala/tankit/tank013.html

and in Finnish http://www.ilmatorjunta.fi/itupseeri/3_99/teksti/panssari.htm

In that finnish text is told that the leader of the FLAK-unit was wounded at Syväri. They also KNOCKED OUT SOME BUNKER/ENEMY DUG-IN POSITIONS. They also provided covering fire, resulting retrieving of downed enemy "Jabo". Enemy also noticed their effectiveness against their aircraft (guessing it was because of a good success at Kuuterselkä) , and it gave some breathing room to the armoured brigade. Enemy aircrafts seemed to avoid the Landsverk II anti vehicles now.

In summer -44 the unit was at Karelian isthmus, still covering Finnish armoured brigade.

So they had their share of combat!</font>

Solution for Landsverk Anti - use Hungarian Nimrod, it's (almost) the same vehicle. I'll try to make a Finn mod for Nimrod (I have a great book on Axis Minor AFVs and some great drawings of winterized Antis). That's when (if) I get my hands on the game 'cause living in Poland is like living in Tanzania whrn it comes to software ;)

As for StuG, BTS please fix or do somefink !!! :D

Ooops ...sorry lads but i have deleted the list for now as BFC are working on a complete list of all the vehicles / bmps and they dont need lots of threads starting up asking why and where is this and that in the list...when infact the list is not complete.

I do apologise if i have caused any hassle.

If you are a vehicle mod maker and are looking for particular vehicle bmp numbers..please feel free to email me and i will help ye out.

thanks.

Regards

Måkjager

[ September 23, 2002, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Måkjager ]

So true, it was basically a light tank.

By 1942 though the new P26/40 was to enter production, but there wasn't a single good and reliable engine in all Italy...

(now I woder: couldn't we ask our german allies to give us a license for some Maybach?).

Too bad it didn't enter production till 1943.

7_p40_le_02.jpg

7_p40_le_01.jpg

[ September 24, 2002, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: audace ]

smile.gif

I don't know if it was an Ansaldo design, quite surely it was.

Weapons and armour came from Ansaldo in Genoa, engines and mechanical stuff from Fiat or SPA.

Too bad Ferrari engines weren't born yet, and Lamborghini was producing tractors. :D

[ September 24, 2002, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: audace ]