Gamespot has a preview of CMBB. FYI

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

I guess those screensnaps are all the excuse I need not to buy the game now...no real German unit ever fielded all those particular vehicles at once!

Obviously those BTS guys are total flimflam artists and wouldn't know their butts from a waffentrager.

Good thing the propaganda mask is finally lifted and we can see the ugly truth beneath!

:eek:

I'll handle the satire around here, sweetheart!!! :eek:

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Hey Andreas!

Ya made the cover of Rolling Stone smile.gif

Hehe, yep. But is the reviewer going to submit another review to the Scenario Depot, that's what I want to know. He does not say whether he enjoyed tearing into the hapless proponents of Goetterdaemmerung with those ISU-152s smile.gif

Michael, the screenshots are so beautiful for a reason ;)

Originally posted by Andreas:

You can always make your own, you know. With those mad Finnish language sources that nobody can read... ;)

The hard part will be the reconsiliation of the facts to the CMBB world. What is being referred to as heavy casualties in the regimental histories for the Finns mean sometimes 5 to 30 KIA in a typical CMBB scenario scale and length battle.

The map sizing being what they will be there will be some far out maps with innumeranble lakes, ponds and streams in them. smile.gif

Mind you, there are some pretty interesting scen opportunities for the winter of 1941-42.

I also wonder how the failed 1st Partisan brigade raid into the Finnish rear in the summer of 1942 would translate to CMBB.

Tero wrote:

The hard part will be the reconsiliation of the facts to the CMBB world. What is being referred to as heavy casualties in the regimental histories for the Finns mean sometimes 5 to 30 KIA in a typical CMBB scenario scale and length battle

In the end AAR of CMBO and CMBB you see how many casualties actually were KIA and which were WIA. Isn't the KIA : WIA ratio in CM close to 1 : 5 or close (can't remember it actually) ? 30 KIA would then mean ca 100-150 total casualties, which sounds pretty heavy to me.

tero I did, and too bad. It is the way the military uses dates, 450103 for example. Dashes were put in to help non-military types. It is also a fast way to get the yet of the scenario.

Rune

Originally posted by tero:

OK, who was to clown who dreamt up the use of that stupid YY-MM-DD date convention ?

BTS/BFC fix or do what ever it is you do to correct this eyesore. :D

0,11105,522049,00.html?page=46

Originally posted by rune:

tero I did, and too bad.

An eyesore nonetheless. smile.gif

It is the way the military uses dates, 450103 for example.

The military being the US military ? Or the Swedes ?

At least the Finnish military uses (or used the last time I was in refresher training in the spring) the DDMMYY (or ddmmYYYY) convention. During WWII they used the same convention.

Dashes were put in to help non-military types.

The non-military types being US/UK/Canuck non-military types ?

In continental Europe most non-military types are either females or conscientious objectors. Others go to the national service.

It is also a fast way to get the yet of the scenario.

That is a matter of taste. DDMMYY is as fast. smile.gif

[ September 11, 2002, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: tero ]

I think the point is, tero, that it makes the scenarios sortable by date, as the current engine does not allow for a seperate date field on the scenario screen. I hope third party designers will follow the convention too, as it's something I think a lot of people will find useful.

Originally posted by Firefly:

I think the point is, tero, that it makes the scenarios sortable by date, as the current engine does not allow for a seperate date field on the scenario screen. I hope third party designers will follow the convention too, as it's something I think a lot of people will find useful.

Good thought... however you are wrong. The scenario itself would have to be named that... not just the description. What this does is make it easy to quickly find, say, the 1944 scenarios

Well, since the majority of players are in the US, I used the US system. Amazingly the world does not revolve around the Finns. smile.gif

Also makes more sense, the eye can skim down the row and pick year of the scenario real fast. Since there are 60 battles and 10 operations, it was a fast way of picking the year out.

It will NOT be changed.

Rune

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

[QBGood thought... however you are wrong. The scenario itself would have to be named that... not just the description. What this does is make it easy to quickly find, say, the 1944 scenarios[/QB]

Oh well, it proves I need new glasses, then.