Will the CDV inna Box CMBO delay CMBB?

Was just wondering.

Releasing a boxed version of a Gold CMBO, with an addon CD for scenarios and MODs, will most certainly get BTS some added sales.

After all, as Steve said, we Europeans are so many years behind...

:D

In a strict marketing and commercial sense, it would be sound logic to delay CMBB a little, to allow those sales to occur without having colliding products.

Inquiring minds want to know, will we have to wait for CMBB while some Johnny Come Lately are discovering CMBO?

Guest Panzer Boxb

I'll buy both, as I am sure most other hard-core CM player will too. Just to have the trophy on the wall, right.

Hey, I for one can wait. Can you.... smile.gif

Good question there Paw! Thankfully the answer is... no, it won't delay anything at all. CMBB will be released as soon as it is ready, which is later than we expected simply because we've been adding too much stuff instead of wrapping it up smile.gif Whatever is going on with CMBO in Europe is of no concern to us as far as CMBB is concerned.

Steve

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Good question there Paw! Thankfully the answer is... no, it won't delay anything at all. CMBB will be released as soon as it is ready, which is later than we expected simply because we've been adding too much stuff instead of wrapping it up smile.gif Whatever is going on with CMBO in Europe is of no concern to us as far as CMBB is concerned.

Steve<hr></blockquote>

that calls for a: yeahhhhh! and a awwwwww man!

Whatever is going on in Europe is of no concern to us.<hr></blockquote>

I knew it!!!

Racist!

Now as I said to Mace almost a year ago, I hadn't misquoted you, it's what you said which wasn't up to what I wanted to quote...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PawBroon:

I knew it!!!

Racist!

Now as I said to Mace almost a year ago, I hadn't misquoted you, it's what you said which wasn't up to what I wanted to quote...<hr></blockquote>

There's a "European Race"? News to me. Do ethnographers know about it? What does a "European" look and sound like? Is there one depicted on this "Euro" coin, maybe?

:rolleyes:

Steve<hr></blockquote>

While I would be as happy as anyone to see CMBB out, I am delighted that you are taking the time to do it right. Thanks.

The little lizard friend wrote:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Rubbish, you geographically challenged mercan. Russia is in Asia, not Europe<hr></blockquote>

Silly boy! Do you REALLY think we would just limit CMBB to Asia? Finland, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, and Austria are also covered smile.gif As far as I know these places are all in Europe. But what the heck to I care? I'm an American and can't even find my own country on a map smile.gif

Steve

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Goanna:

Rubbish, you geographically challenged mercan. Russia is in Asia, not Europe<hr></blockquote>

Goanna, you really are a silly Pommie... I do believe the border between Europe and Asia is the Ural Mountains. Last time I checked, the Germans never got that far. And they say us 'mericans is dumb

Berli,

I think that the western part of Russia is generally labled "European Asia"... so I think everybody is right! If so, pop open the Champaign because I don't think that has ever happened before! Oh wait... Goanna did forget about all the other countries I mentioned. Damn. Will the record of disagreement EVERY be broken?!? smile.gif

Steve

If so, pop open the Champaign because I don't think that has ever happened before!

Will the record of disagreement EVERY be broken?!?<hr></blockquote>

Not by spelling CHAMPAGNE your way.

You just declared War on the only contributing Frog of the Forum.

Prepare to receive a visit from a certain Jose Bove in a nearby McDonalds near you...

Don't tell the Russians they are in Asia, they don't like it smile.gif

And I think the boxed version will go to a wider and more varried market than the freaks we see on this forum.

They are unlikely to even know there is a CMBB till they see it in the games mags or on store shelves.

Congrats to the mod makers/scenario folks who got onto the gold disk too! I bet you're all swimming through your money bins like Steve and Charles right now ;p

PeterNZ

I think that the western part of Russia is generally labled "European Asia"... <hr></blockquote>

"European Asia", never heard of it, and i was GOOD in geography. Hey, Steve, what did you do in your geography lessons, played with toy tanks on the US map?

As Berli said the border between Asia and Europe runs through Ural mountains, then Volga river, then Caucasus mountains (so Germans where literaly on the doorstep of Asia in Stalingrad).

EDIT: Pardon, it's Ural river not Volga, so i was wrong about Stalingrad.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: ciks ]</p>