New review up!

for all those of you who can read Dutch: The Belgian site "De Spelletjesgarnaal" (game-shrimp) put up a review of the CDV release. I'm not going to translate this review here cos, frankly, it'd be a waste of time, cos the reviewers just haven't got a clue.

Just thought you'd like to know.

here...

By coincidence, I stumbled into this review too today, they show following screenshot of the scenario menu and write in their comments :

"...the developpers were probably drunk when designing the "objective list" (sic) as they used thousands of colours, which makes it impossible to read what your mission is..."

pic_4.jpg

Well, I am not surprised anymore that CDV has to sell copies at 19,99 euro.

[ March 28, 2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: McAuliffe ]

A driver issue that was introduced and subsequently solved by Nvidia, almost three months ago by now.

The fact that a PC game reviewer is unable to solve the issue says a lot about the quality of the review, especially considering the snide remark.

M.

I don't know how good the review is, but the translation is hilarious:

Since Combat Missionary one tactical set is, stain yours ranch know what yours does . Yard yours yours forces for instance within one vacant sheet and realm remaining one hostile tank hidden secret within the trip, then pitcher yours the well-being shuffle . Worthy yours yet too until stain pay attention is who yours yours forces within not within closely built up range shove, because trees and trip may yours move and exactness with the shoot impede!
http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTranInterTran

- Chris

Originally posted by Wolfe:

I don't know how good the review is, but the translation is hilarious:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Since Combat Missionary one tactical set is, stain yours ranch know what yours does . Yard yours yours forces for instance within one vacant sheet and realm remaining one hostile tank hidden secret within the trip, then pitcher yours the well-being shuffle . Worthy yours yet too until stain pay attention is who yours yours forces within not within closely built up range shove, because trees and trip may yours move and exactness with the shoot impede!

http://www.tranexp.com:2000/InterTranInterTran

- Chris</font>

Hey Henk, that's because they're Belgians. You know how they talk, awel, zunne?
Kwietzonder oe da wieder allier klappen. Moar ant zèètje gebruken wen toch genne 'zunne' wé. tongue.gif

The review is utter crap. Basicilly he tries to explain what wargames are, proceeds to bitch about the graphics, tells that he doesn't know what he is supposed to do, gives the reader tactical advice (don't put infantry in the open because an enemy tank hidden in the bushes could fire upon them) and ends with briefly talking about the bonus cd (which he appaerntly didn't install, too difficult perhaps).

Well,I was curious about the people on the shrimp forum

So I decided to have a look in their IRC chat room

All kinds of little kids aged 16 and below without any notice of military stuff

the reviewer(guy named Rootz)is the sites wargamer enthuisiast :rolleyes:

But I dont think he has enough knowledge of military tactics to understand the games purpose(as he clearly states in the way he wrote his review)

I tried to explain them about the graphics and the Nvidia problem,took them a while to understand

Some of them did not even know you could dl drivers for the videocard I think.

One of them even asked me about the driverupdate from windows update:)

Also made some attention to the other major pc magazines reviews and told them they could find more help and info on the battlefront forum.

They provided a very negative review and given the number of people on their chatroom this can do a lot of damage to the cm selling in the low countries