Proudest Moments

We have talked about the stupidest things you've done, but what about some of your proudest military achievments.

For me, hmm,,lets see;

One thing I remember, even though it is nothing huge, took place when I played "crown of thorns"

On the defensive as the Germans, I placed a group of 6 snipers as far forward as I could near the edge of the map, and then snuck them forward through a wheat field and kept them hidden. Many enemy troops went by and the battle raged. Finally, a group of heavy tanks loaded with infantry, observers, etc appeared and approached. It was his hammer blow on my right flank. I took my snipers out of hide mode and within a couple of turns, most of his tank commanders were dead, and his riding infantry had suffered considerable casualties and were running around. He mopped up the snipers eventually, but was forced to advance his tanks without support by the time everything was sorted out. His tanks did not do well with many a commander dead, and no infantry.

Well,

For me blowing up my first KV-2 with a squad of pioneers a couple of days ago.....I know it's a small and insignificant run of the mill encounter but as it was the first time I'd successfully achieved it I was smiling from ear to ear....Oh! the endless pleasure that is CM:BB

Regards

MG-42

A Regular german mechanized panzer rifle squad caused 93 casualties. Thats my new record (forgetting artillery and tanks)... In the end the squad got stomped on by a horde of conscript ruskies, so the only cross they will be getting is a wooden one.

My single tank hunting team, literally saving the day when they single handedly knocked out two rampaging T34's by close assault whilst a little pz38 flank shot another to turn a battle completely around, when they threatened to flatten my un-supported infantry in Directive No.3 scenario against a seasoned PBEM opponent!

I awarded them the EK1 and close assault clasp !! :D

Routing a KV-2 with ATRs (including an apparent gun damaged). But wait, it gets better. The KV retreated into scattered trees, bogged and immobilized. It then bailed out.

So I've got a KV-2 killed by an ATR!

[ December 20, 2002, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: demoss ]