Just discovered the CMBO demo ! A couple of ??s

Yeah , it only took about 3 mins. to get hooked. From reading, it says that the missions from CMBO won't work in CMBB. But can the units from CMBO be transferred to the more advanced CMBB ? Also does CMBO have the U.S. M3 GMC half track Tank Destroyer ? If not is it possible to put it in the game by players ?

Just judging form the demo. Could a game get any better ? I think not !!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Foxbat:

Are you sure about the M3 TD (T-48?) not being in the game? Too bad, always liked it and the sovs where the only ones that actually used it.

Uh, isn't that the one that the US Army used in Tunisia? I heard that the soldiers regarded it as a real POS. That's why it was withdrawn from service and never used again. The M-10 was much better.

You'll get to see it in CM3, but I bet you won't like it so much.

Michael

Few more ?'s if ya don't mind......

Are there mine clearing tanks in the game ?

Is there some way to resupply ammunition during a battle ?

If say a mortar crew is killed can someone else pick them up and use them ?

Are there airborne parachute landing units ?

When AAA kills a plane does it crash on the map ?

Stoffel:

Dang

Dang

Dang

I stand corrected sir redface.gif

[ September 16, 2002, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: brigade101 ]

Originally posted by brigade101:

Few more ?'s if ya don't mind......

Are there mine clearing tanks in the game ?

Is there some way to resupply ammunition during a battle ?

If say a mortar crew is killed can someone else pick them up and use them ?

Are there airborne parachute landing units ?

When AAA kills a plane does it crash on the map ?

Stoffel:

Dang

Dang

Dang

I stand corrected sir redface.gif

Unfortunately:

No, engineers are the only way to clear mines.

No, that's beyond the scope of a CM battle. Ammo can be resupplied, however, between battles in an Operation.

No, it was common doctrine for the crew of a heavy weapon to disable it when they abandoned it, so once a weapon is abandoned, no other crews can use it.

No, though there are several scenarios that model airborne operations by starting immediately after your troops have landed, scattered haphazardly around the map, and you have to put together your force and do something with it. Those tend to be quite challenging.

No, though that would be cool. smile.gif

~Sam

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Uh, isn't that the one that the US Army used in Tunisia? I heard that the soldiers regarded it as a real POS. That's why it was withdrawn from service and never used again. The M-10 was much better.

Michael

As a full-blown Tank Destroyer it is of course almost pathetic. But you should think of it as a scout car that can kick a tank's behind :D

Originally posted by jagcommander:

You have arrived just in time! The price for CMBO just went down. If you feel flushed, you can order both CMBO and CMBB for a combo price.

You people all sicken me!! FOr god's sake the least you could do is at least officially apply at BTS before you go around acting like those annoying sales people! :D

brigade101

If you don’t already know the games come with one of the best editors around , you can make just about any battle one can imagine all kinds of ammo loads, weapon types ,tank types ,terrain set-ups ,etc...

and it is REALY easy to use...

(WC Fields) once put it:

"I cook with wine, sometimes I add it to the food"

bnickb

Originally posted by Foxbat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Michael

As a full-blown Tank Destroyer it is of course almost pathetic. But you should think of it as a scout car that can kick a tank's behind :D </font>

Originally posted by Shosties4th:

You just have to use the UGOIGO hex-game version of shoot and scoot. *chuckles* Move and fire all the Stuarts to soak up all the Op-Fire, then bring out the M3 GMC for one "shot" and put it back out of LOS of the enemy.

Yeah, that shortcoming, along with the ability to replay PBEM turns were real turn offs for that series. BUT, I have to say that the Campaign Series was an excellent set of computer wargames for its time. A couple of weeks ago I blew the dust off my EF disk and reinstalled it for another go. As its been nearly two years since I discovered CMBO, I'd forgotten the most basic mechanics of the game. Don't know if I'll put in the effort to reaquaint myself with the game, but I'll always have very fond memories of those games.

Originally posted by brigade101:

Ummm how do you get a spotting round for your observers ?

You simply plot the fire and usually (depending on the nationality and quality of the spotter), a spotting round arrives roughly 30 seconds before the FFE hits. Unfortunately, this can all happen in the one 60 second turn so you can loose a few rounds before deciding whether the spot you targetted is really the area to hit.

Regards

Jim R.

Don't mean to be a pest but after some budget figuring it's gonna be a couple of months before I can get the full game....................

Can troops fire from transports like half tracks when their riding in them ? Or fight back when the vehicle is subject to a close infantry attack ?

With the armed jeep does it take a driver and a gunner or just a driver to fire.And is it like a tank when the crew leaves the vehicle can't be used or can someone else just jump in a drive it ?

If you can make your own troops in the editor could you make 12 squads of a single troop and model attached to a leader so you could have a full squad represented in a game if you wanted.

Well to answer your questions:

troops dont fight from vehicles,if their parent vehicle is shot at they do nothing.

When the vehicle gets knocked out in the same turn they abort it,this maty cause casualties among the squad or panic / rout status.

The jeep needs both crew to drive/fire,if one of them got hit they cant fire the MG anymore.

Also after the jeep is abondoned(like all other vehicles/weapons) they cant be used again in the same battle.

For operations there is a difference,if you are lucky the vehicle/weapon will be recovered and repaired.The same goes for the enemy,so therefor it is advisable to keep shooting at a vehicle untill it burns or blows up.(only in operations)

I dont understand your question about the squads.

Henk

In regards to your question about squads .. No. With the editor when you place a unit it's always at full strength. However, in CMBB you can have understrength units .. so technically you could do that with CMBB. But, I wouldn't recomend that approach .. as the game is setup to think of a unit as a squad and not a single soldier.