What Is This?

I don't know, but what i do know is your sytem would boot faster if you got rid off most of that crap in your start up menue. Keep your task schedualy, norton, and if you feel like it, your creative tab.

What kind of creative card do you have by the way?

I went with the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz myself, best card hands down in my opinion.

Alot of people swear by eax though so it all comes down to your ears anyway.

Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

I don't know, but what i do know is your sytem would boot faster if you got rid off most of that crap in your start up menue. Keep your task schedualy, norton, and if you feel like it, your creative tab.

What kind of creative card do you have by the way?

I went with the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz myself, best card hands down in my opinion.

Alot of people swear by eax though so it all comes down to your ears anyway.

ICS,

Thanks for the feedback.

It is! It is!

Field and Stream is ready to hit the streets!

F&S consists of four RuleSets named "Field and Stream," "Leaves of Grass," "Shrubbery," and "Wet and Wild."

"Leaves of Grass" consists of 16 subdued grass sets, some of them not well known and/or difficult to find. They form the basis of the edition and allow you to construct your own mix-and-match mod that can be tailored to season of the year, time of day, and/or weather.

"Shrubbery" and "Wet and Wild" are all the other subdued natural terrain mods (with a few non-subdued ones thrown in to simulate the colors of spring growth). There is a plethora of choices for everything except trees (there are more than a few of those, though), and this edition will allow you, once and for all, to speak with real authority when you say that a certain scattered tree base looks best with someone else's grass and yet a third person's brush. Because of the magic of CMMOS, a bewildering variety of combinations can be tried out at the push of a button.

But, wait! There's more! Because many can't remember what mods they installed before the converted to CMMOS, Field and Stream allows you to save up to three user-defined terrain sets. So you can save whatever you've got on your hard drive now and summon it back up later at the push of a button. You can also save two other combination versions that catch your fancy later on.

And finally, there's a section in "Field and Stream" that specializes in giving you all of the mods from a particular set, and then lists what other terrain mods will be needed to supplement it. This is the section in which the seasonal mods truly come in to their own.

Take a look at the screenshot in the first post to get a peek at how these things work.

The Field and Stream edition does not cover winter terrain, but never fear, that will be taken care of in a few weeks with the release of Winter Wonderland. In addition, Gordon has been adding features to his building set, and that will eventually cover all man-made terrain types.

What's that you say? You want to see this baby in action? Okay, here goes...

This is called "Autumn in the Vosges"

Autumn%20in%20the%20Vosges.jpg

Here we have "Springtime in the Ruehr"

Springtime%20in%20the%20Ruehr.jpg

A fine view of "Summer in Normandy"

Summer%20in%20Normandy.jpg

And, the for the fourth of the seasons, we have "Winter in Limbourg"

Winter%20in%20Limbourg.jpg

Impressed? You should be! F&S will change your life! Never again will you be forced to endure the agony of waiting for the seasons to change! Now, at the touch of a button, you can have whatever season you want!

Who created this masterpiece? Well, I think it's safe to say it wasn't me. ;) Kudos go out to Philippe for getting this baby organized. Also, I believe Gordon had a small part in developing a little thing called CMMOS. Don't forget Manx; he's the one who will be posting this so all of you can get your hands on it. Finally, lest we forget the man who will likely take all the credit anyway :rolleyes: , a big "Well done!" goes to Madmatt for.....uh....for doing.....ah.....for taking the credit! Let's hear it for these guys! Well done!

Now, you may be saying to yourselves, "Wow, this is great stuff, but where do I get it?" Well, before the week is out, the only place where this will be available is CMHQ! Word of the official release will be made here. I suggest you keep your eyes glued to the forum.

[ February 06, 2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: SuperTed ]

Captain Wacky:

Probably because poor Philippe lives in New York City, where the only natural flora and fauna consists of that scum that forms in the gutters and the sewer rats (and aligators). The poor man's probably never seen a blade of real grass in his life. His therapist suggested he work on "Field & Stream" as a way of reconnecting himself to the natural world. Apparently he needs more therapy. smile.gif

PawBroon,

Now you don't have to go and insult us, this isn't the Peng thread. :D

Gordon

Originally posted by Gyrene:

The picture in the bottom row, second from the left looks like Maxfield Parish's work.

Gyrene

Now if you can identify the image on the first icon in the bottom row, I'll be really impressed...

Philippe

[ February 06, 2002, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Philippe ]

Originally posted by Philippe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gyrene:

The picture in the bottom row, second from the left looks like Maxfield Parish's work.

Gyrene

Now if you can identify the image on the first icon in the bottom row, I'll be really impressed...

Philippe</font>

Originally posted by Gordon:

Captain Wacky:

Probably because poor Philippe lives in New York City, where the only natural flora and fauna consists of that scum that forms in the gutters and the sewer rats (and aligators). The poor man's probably never seen a blade of real grass in his life.

Ha-rumph...the trees on my block of NYC don't seem to be made of scum. Dunno about the fauna, 'cept for some scum-eating pigeons. Getting back to topic, CMMOS rocks the casbah.

For those of us non-CMMOS types, any chance of seeing a 'normal' version of the mods made avaliable. I have not added anything new because everything recent comes out as a CMMOS set, not a good old fashioned zip file.

WWB

That's strange.

I mean, seriously...

What's with you guys?

[insert Usual Example Here]

I never switch between Snowy, whitewash or plain for my winter textures.

Fernando and Gordon latest CMMOS Stug pleases me.

I donwload it, unzip it in a Temp directory and choose between all files which are the best.

Imagine they are delivered like this:

***_sno

***_ww

***_pln

I them rename ***_sno to ***.bmp and have a non CMMOS MOD.

Tadaaa!

[/insert Usual Example Here]

You should try really.

Not using the newest MODs because you're a non CMMOSer is akin to missing all the best MODs so far...