Hamster faces mod?

I recently had to reinstall my CM mods, and I managed to find everything I had before (thanks to Kump's wonderful new catalog o' mods) except for the mod that changed all the soldiers faces to hamsters. I'm talking about the one that replaced the in game faces, not the portraits. IIRC this was on Kitty's site (www.fluffkitty.com) which appears to be down.

So I was wondering if some kind soul could email me a copy? (I know, I'm wierd, but those hamsters just look so cute driving around in tiger tanks...)

edit: Someone already sent me a copy, Thanks a bunch!

[ August 17, 2002, 05:27 AM: Message edited by: SurlyBen ]

Nope I was referring to a mod that actually changed the look of the 3d faces to hamsters. Surprisingly effective, too. It was also done by Kitty, a few days after that one...

It really ought to be hosted somewhere. Anyone still in touch with Kitty? Perhaps they could get permission...

Ben

Originally posted by SurlyBen:

Nope I was referring to a mod that actually changed the look of the 3d faces to hamsters. Surprisingly effective, too. It was also done by Kitty, a few days after that one...

It really ought to be hosted somewhere. Anyone still in touch with Kitty? Perhaps they could get permission...

Ben

Umm, Ben, I sent you the things about 30 minutes ago.

Mace

Yes, I know you did (and thanks again), but I still think that they oughtta be up somewhere. You know, for newbies. It's all well and good for people like me who already know they exist, since I can come on here and ask for 'em, but the newbies are deprived of the pleasure of having a tiny little hamster in a miniature black tanker outfit raining death and destruction on the allies from the turret of his King Tiger.

I agree that the hamster faces ought to be preserved for posterity. I also think they're very funny and work very nicely with the hamster unit portaits on CMHQ.

On my long list of things to do is a mental note to do something in CMMOS with faces. And as it happens, I'm also working on something at the moment involving unit portraits (not a CMMOS edition, more like a CMMOS mod) that has forced me to create a partial ruleset for portaits and faces. So...

I can't promise anything for the next CMMOS release (in fact I can guarantee it won't be in the next release), but in the one after that there's no reason why I couldn't set up a rodent conversion rule that would install the hamster faces and the unit portraits at the push of a button. The ruleset that will get published in the next release already has something that can get your unit portaits back to normal.

So if someone could send me the faces from Kitty's site (I already have the unit portraits, of course), I'll squirrel them away until the time comes to use them.

I will also need to get in touch with Kitty for permission (I'm assuming she did the faces as well as the portaits). Lodging these things in the CMMOS section of CMHQ should add a bit to their longevity.

Didn't you know? specially trained SS hamsters were formed into special Rodentsturm battalions to plug the gaps appearing in the overstreached german line. they soon got a reputation for evil. this may be down to the fact that a hamster has trouble understanding the Geniva convention.