Why do we Challenge Peng? Because we CAN CAN CAN!!!!

dalem

Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Because they're Ladies and not Dames (not to mention Chicks, Tomatoes, Broads, Skirts or any of the other baser titles that no doubt rattle around your unfurnished brain-pan like so many ping-pong balls.

Ahh... vixens, wimmen, foxes, babes, honeys, wenches, nymphs, hussies, lasses, damsels, maidens, mistresses... Mmmmmmm

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Is there a reason for you to be a complete idiot or is it just one of those things?

Do we refer to Knights of the CessPool as Sirs of the CessPool? NO, we do not. Yet when referring to the title of a Knight of the CessPool we do refer to them (at times, at other times we refer to them, and particularly YOU in less complimentary terms) as Sir So and So! Therefore it follows that a Lady of the CessPool would be (and in fact IS) referred to as Dame So and So ... although in HER case I'd not recommend it ... Dame So and So has a wicked left hook.

It is because you are a complete vulgarian that you make mistakes like the op. cit. above. Your bloviations would only be true if the Ladies of the 'Pool were of the same rank as the Kaniggets (Olde, Senior, and Other). Those of taste and discernment, a grouping which obviously excludes the likes of you (and probably Croda among others), know that the Ladies of the 'Pool rank far, far higher. But then, you never did know how to treat a lady, or so Panzer Leader says.</font>

As is the case with legalists, especially of the Red Chinese variety, Jo Xia shows no appreciation of nuance. They may have the rights of Kaniggets, but their rank is much higher -- as opposed to Jo, who is simply highly rank -- and therefore are more accurately referred to by the the informal title of Lady.

Let us end this dispute in the only fit and proper way: let us ask the Ladies themselves. Are you Ladies or Dames?

[ October 01, 2002, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Hakko Ichiu ]

As is the case with legalists, especially of the Red Chinese variety, Jo Xia shows no appreciation of nuance. They may have the rights of Kaniggets, but their rank is much higher -- as opposed to Jo, who is simply highly rank -- and therefore are more accurately referred to by the the informal title of Lady.

Let us end this dispute in the only fit and proper way: let us ask the Ladies themselves. Are you Ladies or Dames?

Nuance! You wouldn't know a nuance if it jumped up and bit you in the butt I(which, I understand, they're likely to do if you don't feed them reqularly).

The Ladies of the CessPool are, without question, LADIES in every sense of the word. They are also granted the privilege of having their names preceded with the honorific Dame. It's clear that you have been bested in this debate Hakko Ichiu, much as I shall best you in our match of CMBB. It's also clear that, as I've maintained from the start, you're an idiot.

Joe

p.s. I thought of you last night as I watched an episode of The Dame Edna Experience ... ruined the whole show for me it did.

[ October 01, 2002, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Hmmmmmmmm I never really gave it much thought.

*Thinks*

For no reason other than "I think it sounds better" I prefer Dame YK2 to Lady YK2 and Lady Emma to Dame Emma then again I have also had The Fair Emma, just Emma just YK2 and last but not least (this one leaves me speechelss).............

Dame Yackity Yak, whatever could he have meant? :D

Whatever you decide is fine by me and I'm sure Persephone and any other "Wimmin" who step foot in the MBT will agree when I say....

Does it really matter? Does anyone (other than Joe) really care? I think not............

Case Closed (unless of course anyone thinks differently.) tongue.gif

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Hmmmmmmmm I never really gave it much thought.

*Thinks*

For no reason other than "I think it sounds better" I prefer Dame YK2 to Lady YK2 and Lady Emma to Dame Emma then again I have also had The Fair Emma, just Emma just YK2 and last but not least (this one leaves me speechelss).............

Dame Yackity Yak, whatever could he have meant? :D

Whatever you decide is fine by me and I'm sure Persephone and any other "Wimmin" who step foot in the MBT will agree when I say....

Does it really matter? Does anyone (other than Joe) really care? I think not............

Case Closed (unless of course anyone thinks differently.) tongue.gif </font>

Ain't nothin' like a dame, as they sing. Speaking of which,

Originally posted by Goanna:

...send a turn every month whether you need to or note... conniving lickspittle ... foments arguments and battery between persons at social engagements, then scuttles off to the edge of the action to snicker...

Heh. Good times, good times.

He [Editor's note: meaning 'me'--no, not him, ME. That is--oh, never mind.] is the lowest form of scum ... and must face the wrath of the AoS.
Wait a tick, was this all abuse? I thought we were starting a mutual admiration society. Well, in that case, I shall lose no time in coming to horrible combat! But first, allow me to state that you are a silly person with odious personal habits and unreasonable opinions, and that the sexually-desirable persons/animals/objects in your locality are less attractive than those in mine.

You may expect a setup Real Soon Now. What scenarios have you played off the CMBB CD? (You punter.)

Agua Perdido

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Dame YK2, whatever in the world gave you the impression that what we call you is the issue here?

Well my name is Emma... and unless I am going completely mad this stoopid issue all began after a few poolers referred to me as either Dame Emma or Lady Emma around about page eight of this very thread.

And just a few posts above this one Hakko Ichiu asked.............

that is what prompted my reply, so go stick that in your pipe and smoke it... tongue.gif

I've ALWAYS referred to you, as have all right thinking CessPoolers, as Dame YK2, and I shall continue to show you the respect due you by granting you that title.

Joe

Pfffffffffffffffffffffft

P.S. Does your tooth still hurt?

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Dame YK2, whatever in the world gave you the impression that what we call you is the issue here?

Well my name is Emma... and unless I am going completely mad this stoopid issue all began after a few poolers referred to me as either Dame Emma or Lady Emma around about page eight of this very thread.

And just a few posts above this one Hakko Ichiu asked.............

that is what prompted my reply, so go stick that in your pipe and smoke it... tongue.gif

I've ALWAYS referred to you, as have all right thinking CessPoolers, as Dame YK2, and I shall continue to show you the respect due you by granting you that title.

Joe

Pfffffffffffffffffffffft

P.S. Does your tooth still hurt?</font>

It is better today, something about a dry socket apparently. I strongly recommend AGAINST a dry socket ... should anyone ask you in the future.

Hee hee hee, Joe's gums hurt.

Anybody surprised?

Originally posted by DameYK2/Lady Emma :

P.S. Does your tooth still hurt?

Dame YK2, thank you for asking dear lady. It is better today, something about a dry socket apparently. I strongly recommend AGAINST a dry socket ... should anyone ask you in the future.

Joe

Originally posted by Dame YK2/Lady Emma :

Dear Joe Shaw as far as I am aware none of my sockets are dry. :eek: I take regular supplements of Evening Primrose Oil and Cod Liver Oil. But thanks for the insight. :D

It is because you are a complete vulgarian that you make mistakes like the op. cit. above. Your bloviations would only be true if the Ladies of the 'Pool were of the same rank as the Kaniggets (Olde, Senior, and Other). Those of taste and discernment, a grouping which obviously excludes the likes of you (and probably Croda among others), know that the Ladies of the 'Pool rank far, far higher. But then, you never did know how to treat a lady, or so Panzer Leader says.

Sir Soundslikeasneeze has the right of it. They rank even with the Olde Ones, so Lady is more appropriate than Dame

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

It is because you are a complete vulgarian that you make mistakes like the op. cit. above. Your bloviations would only be true if the Ladies of the 'Pool were of the same rank as the Kaniggets (Olde, Senior, and Other). Those of taste and discernment, a grouping which obviously excludes the likes of you (and probably Croda among others), know that the Ladies of the 'Pool rank far, far higher. But then, you never did know how to treat a lady, or so Panzer Leader says.

Sir Soundslikeasneeze has the right of it. They rank even with the Olde Ones, so Lady is more appropriate than Dame.

Perhaps Her Grace or Your Grace if addressed directly</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Sir Soundslikeasneeze has the right of it. They rank even with the Olde Ones, so Lady is more appropriate than Dame.

Perhaps Her Grace or Your Grace if addressed directly</font>

I strongly recommend AGAINST a dry socket ... should anyone ask you in the future.

Joe

Hey Joe! Try sticking your finger in a WET socket. Then flick the switch. That MIGHT work. {I'm not sure though, coz' of your massive OHMage}.

With a big enough JOLT you might even remember to <U>SEND A FECKIN' TURN!!</U>

AJ

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I should think 'Goddess' would serve the purpose, and end all discussion.

Now that would be heresy coming from you wouldn't it Seanachai? I mean really, "end all discussion" - this from the most prolific poster of prosaic prattlings the 'Pool has/will/ever see in it's infinite life time???

I would have expected "We must set up a ROYAL COMMISSION to investigate all the facts of this case. Call in the Stenographers!" - oh ..... sorry - I'm getting you mixed up with Joe the Justiciar.

Sigh ....... is it just me??

AJ

[ October 01, 2002, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Joe, why do you just call me Patch? You never say Dame Patch or Dame Persephone... :(

Persephone

Guest PondScum
Originally posted by AussieJeff:

<font size=-1>Sigh ....... is it just me??</font>

Trust me on this one... it is ALWAYS "just you".

Some water tart:

You may expect a setup Real Soon Now. What scenarios have you played off the CMBB CD? (You punter.)

Hmmmm, Real Soon Now. Leads me to ask Berli what the temperature in hell is today and what he reckons the chance of a freeze are. Wussy. Anyway, Gozlow, Eberswalde and the Dergatchzi Op are out. Get cracking.

… something about a dry socket apparently.
Dry socket. Sounds like a description of the entire inside of your skull to me.