An unimportant but very inspired thing in CMBB

Originally posted by Thin Red Line:

It is the buttoned sign just above the small landscape symbol on the interface. It gives you the exact feeling of closing the hatch and looking through the loop-holes of the tank.

Not much, but i really enjoy it.

someone actually listed that as a monior complaint (not me) smile.gif

Here's an possible other one: I'm not *absolutely* positive cos it was rather noisy at the time, but in one operation I panicked a russian squad that sneaked (snuck? :D ) for a ford. as it reached the water bullets where whizzing by, and I definitely thought I heard soft water splashes. Could of been the squad entering the water, could have been bullets.

Am I getting mad? Confirmation anyone?

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Juju:

Here's an possible other one: I'm not *absolutely* positive cos it was rather noisy at the time, but in one operation I panicked a russian squad that sneaked (snuck? :D ) for a ford. as it reached the water bullets where whizzing by, and I definitely thought I heard soft water splashes. Could of been the squad entering the water, could have been bullets.

Am I getting mad? Confirmation anyone?

I'm pretty sure I saw and heard bullets from an MG42 hitting the water in one of the small scenariors.

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

are you sure Emrys? I could have sworn I had heard some whizzing noises in the demo.

Well, the fact that I didn't doesn't mean that you didn't either.

:D

Do you have a sample sound effect of the kind of whiz you are looking for?
Not right to hand. I'll go through the TacOps sound files and see if anything is in there when I get some extra time, but I doubt I can come up with anything soon.

Now if we can just talk Madmatt into taking his tape recorder to the target pit on the rifle range, we could empty a few magazines over his head...

;)

Michael

Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Now there werent any stereo bullet sounds as I recall.. I can imagine a major difference hearing one streak by from right earphone to left, if you had headphones on. I would probably not maintain bladder control, so its probably for the best...

It's the snap, crackle, pop that supersonic bullets make when they pass your ears that is particularly unnerving, especially when they are 88mm in caliber.

:eek: :D

Michael