Is EB selling CMBB?

I've just seen in EB's coming soon section a game called "combat mission" eta 15/03/02. There was no other information apart from the title. Does this mean I can just buy it down the road or will I have to wait for it to arrive in the post?

[ February 01, 2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: James ]

Well i doubt it has anything to do with thus but......

The producers of "survivor" the tv show are working on a new one called "Combat Mission" where contestants are taken to a scret military base and compete in militaristic contests.

You know, this is just too much. A TV show with the same name is one thing, but a game with the same name is taking it too far.

Now if someone hears about a 'great game called Combat Mission' and does a search on the net for it, he'll be confused with this crappy Survivor-ripoff $20 bargain bin game :mad:

I don't believe that would be possible. The Show is called Combat Missions. But I think it would be an infringement on BTS's copy rights to have a game called Combat Mission. They'd definatley be able to stop a game using that title.

Mord

[ February 01, 2002, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Originally posted by James:

I've just seen in EB's coming soon section a game called "combat mission" eta 15/03/02.

James,

Where exactly is this coming soon section? Did you see it in one of their printed publications, or maybe a website, or in the sotre itself? I would like to go to my local EB and check it out.

Originally posted by Mord:

The Show is called Combat Missions.

My brother picked up a couple of matchbooks at a bar somewhere that are promos for the Combat Missions show. There's a sillhouette of a couple of soldiers in modern equipment on the back cover, but for a second at a glance they look like Tommies, maybe. When I first saw the matchbook, I thought, maybe, but, nahhhh....

I think James is in the UK, correct? If so, that makes sense since we signed a deal with CDV of Geramny to sell CMBO (NOT CMBB) in English and French to all of Western Europe. They have been selling a German version of CMBO for about 8 months now and have done a great job of it.

We have made no deals for CMBB as of yet, so there is still no word to give on if this will be a Battlefront only or Battlefront and partner arrangement. We shall see. The only thing I can say is that in the US and most of the world it will be Battlefront just like CMBO. In any event we wish to have a simultaneous release from the US and Europe, and perhaps Australia (if we can swing it!!).

More news when it becomes available.

Steve

Originally posted by Big Time Software:In any event we wish to have a simultaneous release from the US and Europe, and perhaps Australia (if we can swing it!!).

More news when it becomes available.

Steve

My gods, no! Don't pander to that nation of drunkards and marsupials!

Half the fun of owning CMBO was coming to the Board each day and reading the 'Any CM In Australia Yet' thread and giggling at the wailing of the Aussies.

i've watched the first three combat mission tv episodes and i really enjoyed it.

they seem to have some solid operators playing the game. all of the team members (6 per team)

are from different backgrounds (seals,swat,force recon...) and have to learn unit cohesion quickly

to win. i saw a swat heavy team rescue a p.o.w.

in 19 min. without losing a man while a seal and s.f team were completely wiped out because of bad leadership and poor recon.

its on the usa network @ 10 pm (est)wed. + sunday. check it out. you might like the show.