Wild Bill's Rumblings of War [Part IV], aka RoW

Congrats to finalists! Hope to meet you again in RoW II.

The_Capt: next time I won't be so bloody stupid with my medium arty when I really really need more smoke...

Greg: I am sure we will find another town to ruin! Flaming asphalt and all.

Br,

JPS

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To both the Capt and Redeker:

I have your turns and will return fire tonight.

If either of you want to lock horns in TCP to speed things up, I am game. This weekend in particular I think I should have time for it.

Originally posted by Wreck:

To both the Capt and Redeker:

I have your turns and will return fire tonight.

If either of you want to lock horns in TCP to speed things up, I am game. This weekend in particular I think I should have time for it.

I may have some time on Saturday afternoon/evening and/or Sunday evening. I'll check with my better half and get back to you. The time difference may be a bit of an issue, since you're east coast and I'm west coast, and my usual CM time is after everyone else has gone to bed - although it worked great with that Kiwi JonS during the tourney. ;)

Redeker,

I have just done the turn. I am ever so sorry old chap but I did recieve it but it slipped my mind when playing Wreck the other night.

I have just done it and it is a 1.27 meg file....

Hmmm I wonder if there might be a tad of movement in the first turn...

And JK that is Tad not Nad....

Just moving onto the Matterhorn....

Hmmm fun fun fun these large maps!!!

:D

BTW it is 8.45pm here and I am just settling in for the night while you American chaps are just warming up...

Bed time soon and a hot cup of ovaltine....

;)

H

[ March 26, 2002, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by Holien:

Redeker,

I have just done the turn. I am ever so sorry old chap but I did recieve it but it slipped my mind when playing Wreck the other night.

I have just done it and it is a 1.27 meg file....

Good, I'm not going senile... yet.

I'm sure that the file size will go down once the vehicles start brewing up. :D

Things are progressing on all three fronts. I could post paragraphs of "My X came under fire from somebody's Y in the Zth turn of scenario lambda, but I hope to counter with pi and e" - but what's the point? ;)

On a different note, my games with The Capt and Wreck are progressing faster than my game with Holien solely due to the time zone factor. Hopefully we'll be able to do some TCP/IP to speed things up a bit on some upcoming weekends.

[ March 27, 2002, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: redeker ]

Ohhh I do apologise for being British and living in a normal time zone rather than some folks who live La De Dahhh West Coast Time. At least we have a regular source of electricity here.

tongue.gif

On a more serious note due to the time difference of around 9/10 hours depending on day light saving. means that when it is 9pm there it is around 6 / 7am here. That does leave us some lee way.

On the other hand you could get up early? Of course I will be complaining about the disadvantage I face doing that. ;)

Mind you I just complain.....

tongue.gif

And on the third hand. It really does not matter, speed is not everything and we have had to wait until now to start and I am sure there is no rush to finish. The games we are playing are quite large and will take some time to reach the stage where we can get to a TCP/IP stage.

H

There's no hurry on these games. The scenarios are large enough that giving orders takes some time. You'll be finished before CMBB comes out I'll bet. Just enjoy the fight. BTW, I will post the scores as each scenario is completed by all. Wild Bill's will be the first, I'm sure.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

There's no hurry on these games. The scenarios are large enough that giving orders takes some time. You'll be finished before CMBB comes out I'll bet. Just enjoy the fight. BTW, I will post the scores as each scenario is completed by all. Wild Bill's will be the first, I'm sure.

Fight On!!

Treeburst155 out.

There's no hurry to complete the games per se, but I suspect that the participants (including myself) are looking to fill our glasses with some fine wine as soon as possible. smile.gif

Yeah I heard that wine bottles with candles in them are all the rage on the West Coast...

So I guess as an act of mercy throw my games so you can have light...

tongue.gif

P.s. I heard that Hamsters are all the rage West Coast as well, but I guess now they are being put to different uses...

;)

H

BTW your turn has been sent and I now have 4 days holiday to game and do RL tasks like staining pine doors. Ohhh Joy of Joy... :(

Hi just a quick update.

The battle with Redeker is carrying on a pace of a turn a day.

Warren has not responded in a few days so I presume he has the good sense to be using the vacation to good effect.

I must say that Redecker is a Pryo and started to burn likely hiding places by dropping rather large shells on trees.

:eek:

Good job that my men are no where near those shells so he is just wasting his ammo....

;)

H

Sorry for the delay fellas but my wife wanted to get a last weekend of skiing in. That and "more time with the children and less with that damn game..so on and so forth".

Turns sent and I should be good for about 1 or 2 day from here on out.

I must say that Redecker is a Pryo and started to burn likely hiding places by dropping rather large shells on trees.

Shhhhh...

Don't tell anyone, but I'm part of the ultra-secret team that's beta testing the white phosphorous patch. ;):D

Hi,

for anyone who is interested the final two games I am playing. They are progressing well.

I am a third of the way through with Redeker and I got some revenge for him starting fires.

;)

Mind you I am sure the swing will come right back and hit me in the face as he was a tad unlucky.

As for the Capt he is laying some nice ambushes on the paths up the mountain and I just keep walking into them. We are not yet a 1/4 the way through so plenty of time to find his other surprises and suffer more losses.

:(

Good fun and strong opponents will make both these games close fought affairs.

H

Gents: Real Life intervened yesterday, so I wasn't able to do any turns yesterday evening. My turns will likely slow down to about one a day for the next week or so, and this Saturday is completely out - I'm playing the latest installment (Day II) of the full 8-game Pegasus Bridge CG.

I leave it to Holien to drop tantalizing clues about our game.

The game with Warren is tense, with an unpredictable ending at this point.

Regarding my game with Mr. Dickens, all I can say is: Section III, I feel your pain. smile.gif

Redeker stop feeling there pain and go and sort Mr Wreck out.... (Some one has to!!!)

;)

Your Country needs you...

Anyway not sure about the stuff mentioned "I'm playing the latest installment (Day II) of the full 8-game Pegasus Bridge CG."

What is that all about?

Hurry up and do the damn turn I need my fix and I have everything on hold just to do these two games.

H

Anyway not sure about the stuff mentioned "I'm playing the latest installment (Day II) of the full 8-game Pegasus Bridge CG."

What is that all about?

It's a campaign game (CG) in that infamous "other game", Advanced Squad Leader (ASL). You know, maps, dice, counters, rules arguments, too many acronyms... ;)

I'll make every effort to send a turn your way when I go home for lunch starting in about two hours. My atlas shows 8 hours difference between us, so the turn should get to you by about 10 p.m. your time (2 p.m. PST). If it doesn't arrive then, it means that I didn't have enough time during lunch, and it won't get to you until tomorrow morning.

Ahhh well time for bed and the Yanks have let the Brits down again... "Edited because as I sent this a wire came in ohhh Thankyou Redeker....."

I had to console myself with talking to the G/F and finding out what sort of day she had etc.... etc... etc...

:eek:

As for ASL I only progressed as far as Squad Leader and the various expansion packs for that game.

I did not have the skill level to get onto the Advanced game.

Or the money and willingness to pay a second time for something I already had.

I will see what the great gods of e-mail bring in the morning. Have fun at work while I sleep....

smile.gif

H

Edited because I said thankyou too soon and want you to redo the turn please... On way back to you enjoy...

[ April 03, 2002, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Originally posted by redeker:

There's no hurry to complete the games per se, but I suspect that the participants (including myself) are looking to fill our glasses with some fine wine as soon as possible. smile.gif [/QB]

And I'm itching to give some superb samples away that I've tasted over the last week-end smile.gif

Regards,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------

At first there's nothing but a sour bunch of beads hanging. Time passes, the sun ripens them, they become as sweet as honey, and then they're called grapes. We trample on them; we extract the juice and put it into casks; it ferments on its own, becomes wine. It's a miracle!

-- Nikos Kazantzakis, Greek poet and writer (1885-1957)

Well if the American and Canadian would hurry up and finish work we could do some more turns...

I have not had my daily dose from Redeker yet.

;)

H

Keep yer shirt on... some of us actually had to work last night.

I'd also like to remind my esteemed opponents that I will be out of touch most of Saturday.

Originally posted by redeker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Holien:

Well if the American and Canadian would hurry up and finish work we could do some more turns...

I have not had my daily dose from Redeker yet.

;)

H

Keep yer shirt on... some of us actually had to work last night.

I'd also like to remind my esteemed opponents that I will be out of touch most of Saturday.</font>

Just thought I'd give a brief update and bump the thread...

Warren and I are in turn 10 of Ranger Challenge, so it should be over by the end of the week.

Der Berg is a cold, bitter mountain, with many of the fallen littering her slopes. Mr. Dickens and I are about halfway done.

Flag Rush Hill is a dangerous place to be. My troops continue to display their pyro tendencies, to Holien's sorrow. :D Side note - the file size this last turn was 1.59 meg. :eek: