Best/most kills for a single unit?

Caution! Potential spoiler!

Just finished "The Gatekeepers" as Axis and with the recommended +25%/+1 advantage to the AI.

One of my 105 Howitzers racked up a square 50 infantry kills and 1 T-34 Model 1940. The other Howitzer placed right next to it also racked up 45 kills - the AI sent a whole bunch of infantry up thru the central cornfield, so with 2 105s blazing away with area fire I can understand how they mopped the floor with the russkies!

So what single unit (or squad) have you seen with the highest kill count?

Recently, I had an attrited fallschirmjaeger squad (started the battle with 2 casualties) inflict 132 infantry casualties.

Highest single total I've seen from any unit in either game was a 14" FO in CMBO. If memory serves, that unit accounted for over 300 infantry casualties, a handful of vehicles, and some guns thrown in for good measure.

Originally posted by mPisi:

Hey, it was a boring night. Oh yeah, that 6,230 was just the first shot, 7,674 at the end. I think it was on the order of 60 companies of poor pixelized fellows...

You sick MoFo!! That's either one of the most disturbing or hilarious things I've ever seen!

I'm going home to set this one up in CMBB tonight!

:D

Originally posted by mPisi:

6,230 infantry casualties without even trying:SturmTiger Fun

Hey, it was a boring night. Oh yeah, that 6,230 was just the first shot, 7,674 at the end. I think it was on the order of 60 companies of poor pixelized fellows...

I don't understand this, how could 1 shot of anything short of a Daisy Cutter kill/seriously wound more than 6,000 people, even if they were in the open and packed together?

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

I don't understand this, how could 1 shot of anything short of a Daisy Cutter kill/seriously wound more than 6,000 people, even if they were in the open and packed together?

I don't know. It's 800 lbs of HE with about 7000 troops packed into an open area about 200 meters wide. That doesn't sound too far-fetched. It's not deaths, it's casualties.

CMBO:

In a scenario my German 120mm mortar spotter (w/ 125 rounds) had this:

1 Sexton

2 Univ. Carriers

3 Halftracks

4 Trucks

1 Daimler AC

-> Stupid AI bunched all of its vehicles up.

Worst kill total:

In a CMBO D-Day beach scenario, my 8" spotter's first spotting round caused 38 confirmed FRIENDLY casualties!