CMBB - max number of units

Guys

Forgive me if this has been dealt with in earlier threads or posts - I do not get time to check all sources of information around about CM - but as an avid operation designer I am wondering whether the maximum number of units that CMBO can cope with is being increased for CMBB?

In large operations I often find myself hitting the maximum. I am aware that as a tactical simulation "size" is not what CM is all about, but if it were possible to have an increase in the maximum number then this particular CM addict would be a much happier man smile.gif

Cheers

Al

Yes the maximum number of units has increased.

I think is something likw 548 but don't quote me on that.

I think i also read somewhere that the maximum map size is being increased from 3Km X 3Km to 7Km X 7Km.

Again i can't recall wheree i heard it though ;)

Actually the map size is limited to 9 sq km (rather than the 9 x 9 km you may have been hearing). This means either a 3km x 3km square or a 4.5km x 2km rectangle as the maximum (though it may be possible to have a thinner and longer map). The current map maximum is 5 sq km with a maximum of 4 km for one length. According to the v. 1.0 manual an operational map can be up to 5 km in length and/or 3 km wide (possibly not both simultaneously). I'm not sure what the operation map size limitations will be in CMBB. I'm not sure if the map sizes are set in stone at this point and/or if they actually increased their maximums beyond what I've stated here.

Very large battles would be tortuous to run on slow machines. I'm not sure how slow a 300MHz G3 is compared to it's PC equivalents or the current crop of G4's, but if you have a hard time with large battles now, then a large battle in CMBB should be just as much of a problem.

A G3 350 struggles with a 2.5 square map if it's busy (say an infantry battalion on each side), ie you can make a fresh cup of tea for each turn.

I wonder why one would need so many units, I play with mechanised battalions with armour support in company strength vs comparable forces and have never hit any upper limit, save that of my patience.

How many units does the limit equal in battalions and companies?