Any Port After A Storm - Compliments to Chef

I just spent the last 3 weeks or so working through the battles in this 6 missions mini campaign and wanted to say that it was excellent. There are some real nailbiters in there.

It also functions really well as training scenarios as they introduce you to a wide variety of situations and terrain. There's some city battles, open country fighting, infantry only, infantry supported by armor - even a very nasty little commando mission in the dead of night.

I fought through these giving the computer a slight advantage (+25% and +1 skill) and only squeezed out an overall victory on the very last scenario.

p.

[This message has been edited by Peterk (edited 01-14-2001).]

Try 'No Rest for the Weary' a similar mini campaign by the same designer (Patrick Ware), I thought it was even better. It follows on chronologically from 'Any Port..'.

(Edited to do Patrick the courtesy of spelling his name right).

[This message has been edited by Firefly (edited 01-14-2001).]

Comrades,

I'm about half way through No Rest, and I think it is amazing. If you like CM, you will love these missions.

I have the .zip files for both campaigns, so email me if you want them. tnelan@greyinteractive.com

I only ask that you send Patrick some feedback when you are done playing them.

About 320 people have downloaded each of his minicampaigns but he told me last week in an email that he has received little feedback.

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding my CM concoctions. Your comments are indeed appreciated.

I'm very glad to see that you've found the concept of battle-to-battle action via a linked mini-campaign to be to your liking. The intent behind the design of the 14 scenarios enclosed within "Any Port..." and "No Rest..." was to try and emulate the foot soldier's daily combat experience during WW2. If these missions have provided even a small segment of the CM community with at least a few hours of enjoyment and/or challenge, then I'm sincerely gratified.

If anyone is having trouble downloading from the CMHQ Scenario Depot, just drop me a line at pware@sisna.com and I'll try to shoot a copy of the files for both (or either) campaign off to you ASAP. If you don't hear from me right away, please be patient and bare with me. Due to business concerns, I don't get a chance to get online or even check my e-mail on a daily basis. However, I will respond.

Once again, thank you all for the positive feedback. Good hunting.

Patrick (a.k.a. the Chef)

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by kverdon:

Could some kind soul email me this op? CMHQ is on the blink again for the Scenario Depot.

Kevin,

I've e-mailed these to you.

[This message has been edited by Firefly (edited 01-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Firefly (edited 01-28-2001).]