CMBB Reload sounds

Soldiers,

Is there anychance that some generic reload sounds will be fitted into CMBB? For example, rifles, guns, heavyguns...etc. I know that the reload sounds could be added just after the fire gun sound, but this isn't what I'm talking about. As soon as a gun finishes loading, we would hear the breach slam or, a round chamber, or what ever. This would be a clear signifiear that the gun/guns are loaded, and ready to fire. Anychance?

It's on my sound effect list, yes.

Actually, I am hoping to add a great deal of stuff to the total CMBB audio experience. Time will tell what I can and can not do. Monitoring this forum 24/7 certainly isn't helping matters I must tell you... :(

Madmatt

It would be super cool for AT and other on map guns to have a reload sound too. Hear the casing slip out the breach, the order to reload( in Russian!) and the next shot ramming home and locked in, FIRE!

You could copy (at least for the Germans) the sounds from the movie When Trumpets Fade for reloading 88's. There is about a five minute scene of Germans unloading on some Ami crossing a bridge in the Heurtgen, and they must've reloaded about fifty times. Too bad the rest of the movie sucked.

Soldiers,

Yah.... sheesh Dogface. smile.gif

But that does raise the question of were Matt will be getting the sounds... His mouth noises may have to safice. It turns put that they have in the past.... *Flashes Back* Yes... the past....

Studio guy: "All right, lets do this."

Fionn: "Dont you think that the MG42 should be elevated slightly to allow for the recoil off set counter? We may have trouble hearing the ammo feed click if the off set is greater then .03 degrees."

Matt: "What?"

Fionn: "The elevation is not being properly modled! You have to correct for this negitvie demeaner."

Matt: "Shut up! Lets just get this recorded."

Fionn: "Over my dead body, you balding excuse for hamster trouppen! There is no way a negitive feed click modled, MG42 sound is going into this game."

Matt: "Ohyah- what if I did this."

Matt hits the MG42 tripod, sending it spinning out of control.

Fionn: "You idoit! Now I'll have to re align the co-axle intercept. We'll be here all day!"

Matt: "And what if I were to do this."

Matt pulls out the ammo blanks and throws them across the room. They bounce off the padded walls.

Fionn: "Thats it! I'm taking you down!"

Fionn jumps 8 feet into the air, pauses, spins around and plants his feet square on Matts head. Matt flips backwards, and up; bringing him into Fionn's fists. A quick one-two punch and Matt hits the padded walls (Upside down mind you).

Matt: "Ouch. You little detail grog!"

Fionn lets out a premortal scream and then rushes Matt. He grabs him by the feet, and begins a hammer throw manuvear.

Matt: "AHHH!"

Studio Guy: "Holy Sh----!!!"

Fionn: "And now to release at the last possilbe second. Countering for wind speed, cross wind, tacAI coding. AHAHHAH! Fly baldy fly!."

Matt soars into the padded wall head first. He falls backwards, crushing the MG42.

Fionn: "NOOO!"

Fionn jumps onto the wall and begins running along it, up onto the ceilling. He hangs from the roof, in a sort of cat like readyness.

Enter Steve.

Steve: "What the hell happend here?"

Matt: "Ow. Ow. Ow."

Fionn: "Hissssss"

Steve: "Ah! Get the stick! Fionns on the roof agian!"

Matt: "Gurgle...ah,ahh,ahh...Gurgle"

Steve: "Hey, thats the sound we need for the MG42! get a mic on him, while hes still in pain!"

The recoding ends at this point.

EDIT: Me no shpell gud.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]</p>

Here's a question for Matt (a serious one!):

Who is doing the Russian voices? Im wondering if we're going to have the "Hollywood" Russian voice, or normal Russian voice. The Hollywood one results from an American trying to babble something in Russian. While to a fellow American it must sound authentic (like I think the German voices in the game sound authentic right now, but do they sound good to a German speaker?), to anyone who speaks Russian it is laughable.

If you're not doing so already, I really suggest getting a real Russian to do the voices. [hint] I speak Russian fluently, btw [/hint] ;)

Well, OK, if you cant copy, maybe 'recreate' the sounds. At any rate, it would be cool to hear reloads. Reloads and Russian drinking songs. When a squad of Russian infantry is unmolested for maybe five minutes, they break out the vodka rations and get loose.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Dogface21 ]</p>

If there must be reload sounds in the game (chrome) make them optional; in a huge battle, suddenly hearing 30 reload 'clicks, clongs, "loaded", etc.' in a row would really distract from the game.

So as an option only (or I have to replace it with a 'sound of silence' wav).

Fred

The best audio simulation of reload and tank sounds has to be "Steel Beasts." Turn off the lights and play a mission. Gave me goose bumps and flashbacks to 29Palms. Excellent audio of the breech opening, the stub base banging around the turret, the new rounds going "shoop" into the gun tube, and the tc/gunner/loader all yelling.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface21:

Reloads and Russian drinking songs. When a squad of Russian infantry is unmolested for maybe five minutes, they break out the vodka rations and get loose.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: Dogface21 ]<hr></blockquote>

East Front fun fact: Before a major assault, when supplies permited, Soviet troops would be given a ration of 500ml ( :eek: ) of vodka.

My grandfather said he never drank his because those who did would often get overly 'brave' and do stupid things which got them killed.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

It's on my sound effect list, yes.

Actually, I am hoping to add a great deal of stuff to the total CMBB audio experience. Time will tell what I can and can not do. Monitoring this forum 24/7 certainly isn't helping matters I must tell you... :(

Madmatt<hr></blockquote>i understand that things from time to time may get unruly on this forum, but is it me or does this sound like he is trying to talk to us like children who won't get presents from santa if their bad or something.

tongue.gif

those BT-7's are going to be alot of fun. smile.gif and i'd like to say here that i was very happy to hear the inclusion of finnish troops. i'm just way to excited about this game, i'm going to stop this here before i type into the nether regions of forum space that would circle half way around the forum to connect with the peng thread. smile.gif

• 1 month later...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Monitoring this forum 24/7 certainly isn't helping matters I must tell you... :(

Madmatt<hr></blockquote>

Delegate man, DELGATE!

Can't you trust the monitoring of this forum to someone who is not working on CMBB?? smile.gif

its just a question?

some well trusted folks, not employed by BTS, read and comment on this forum all the time just for fun, perhaps their voluteer efforts could free up your time? smile.gif

-tom w