CMBB Reload sounds

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iron Chef Sakai:

those BT-7's are going to be alot of fun. smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

I'm looking forward to the T-50 light tank myself: 45mm gun & 2 MGs, 37mph speed, and 37mm of armor sloped at 50'ish degrees- good enough to shrug off Pak40 shots at 400m. I read about them at Red Steel (http://www.algonet.se/~toriert/introduction.htm), but I would think its iffy that they make it into CMBB. Apparently its V4 engine was too hard/expensive to produce, and only 69 were made.

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Silvio Manuel ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dogface21:

the sounds from the movie When Trumpets Fade for reloading 88's. There is about a five minute scene of Germans unloading on some Ami<hr></blockquote>

Was that the same gun they raided later? If so, was it really an 88? It looked HUGE.

I really like the idea with including native Russian voices. The only problem is... that about 50% of the language that is used in Russian military are obsceneties (and I'm not exaggerating). Also the grammatical construction are completely wrong but very funny. They produce pearls without any intentions to to so. I really enjoy listening to military personel talking. It's a lot of fun. It's sort of like listening to George W. Bush speaking but with a lot of obscenities.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldier,

CMplayer: I've got a picture of an 88, with my sister standing next to it for scale (At the Barcellona war museum). Its not that big.<hr></blockquote>

So did you see A Time for Trumpets? I thought that that gun was like a 155 at least.

Soldier,

CMplayer: Don't think that I ever did. They had a couple of really huge guns, which I also have pictures of... One of the bigger ones was the 155. It was positioned somewhat like an 88, but the barrel is MUCH longer.

• 5 months later...

Hello Matt....and everyone else for that matter. It's been a while since I've been around these parts (a messy divorce does that to you sometimes) smile.gif . Anyways, interesting thread, right up my alley. Matt, if there is a particular weapon/sound effect that you are needing, I have an extensive library of sound fx, all you have to do is ask, and if I don't have it, I can make it.

As a side note, to those who use my sound mod for CMBO, I will be releasing an 'Ultimate CMBO Sound Mod' soon. I've been tweaking it for the past couple of months and it should be ready soon. I will create an .MP3 example in the next day or so for those that would like to hear it before they download it. I WILL NOT release the sounds as MP3's though. The algorithm is waaaayyyyy too lossy for my taste. Instead, I will archive it as an .ACE. It will shave off about 10 MB over a .ZIP archive.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

It's on my sound effect list, yes.

Actually, I am hoping to add a great deal of stuff to the total CMBB audio experience. Time will tell what I can and can not do. Monitoring this forum 24/7 certainly isn't helping matters I must tell you... :(

Madmatt

Damnit Matt ! Then stop monitoring ! ;)

Ahhh, so we've got some ego going here now.... excellent. ;) This thread is like an archive for me- look at all the "Soldiers" and "Sirs" Creepy, no? Of course the kicker (talking ego here) has to be my Matt MG sound post. Love that one.

Matt soars into the padded wall head first. He falls backwards, crushing the MG42.
oh well, thats £2500 down the drain. (the price of an MG42 at an arms fair.)

I wonder if the oput of ammo shoud is could be a string of curses. (russian german for "I'm out of ammo and theres a rather big tank in front of me with its posterier presenting a rather good target. oh golly. its noticed me")((Although that might be a bit long for a sound bite))