World's first (and last?) CM:BO Korean War mod?

Ever since CM:BO first came out, I've been patiently sitting on my hands waiting for a really good M26 mod to come out. Thanks to Andrew, I've finally been able to work up the following Korean War Pershing mod. It's based on the markings of 'C' Company, 6th Tank Battalion in the Han River area during the winter of '51.

M26_6TB.jpg

The idea was to scare the (supposedly) superstitious Chinese peasant soldiers. No idea if it work or not, but it certainly made for just about the most colorful markings ever applied to a tank. smile.gif

Gordon

That is great Gordon. What a - well it's different isn't it? Are you serious that we the American's were allowed to actually paint one of our tanks that way? I am shocked that it would have been allowed but how cool looking it is. Great job Gordon!! That will certainly be cool and fun to look at in the game. Excellent idea.

Thanks.

Gordon,

If you're serious about doing Korea, then you may want to also do some of the Easy 8 Shermans with the flaming eyes and gaping, toothy mouth.

Concerning the general idea, which was to terrify the supposedly superstitious Chinese, intel interrogations revealed that not only didn't the idea work, but the Chinese thought they made excellent aimpoints for their gunners.

Regards,

John Kettler

Shadow 1st Hussars,

Well, the good news is that at least this will be a simple CMMOS mod with no optional files, so it should be easy to extract the BMPs from the ZIP file and rename them.

lcm1947,

Imagine a whole company of tanks painted this way, and other units painted various tiger faces on their tanks as well.

John Kettler,

No, not really planning on a whole Korean war mod, just always thought this camo was cool. I'll probably fiddle with it some more as time permits.

Gordon