Been on another planet: What's new with CMBB?

I used to be around quite a bit when CMBO first came out and enjoyed playing some of the scenarios. Then I drifted off, playing many other games and completely forgotten about the next CM game. I remembered the early days talking about this game but in trying to catch up, I still have some lingering questions. It is my understanding that CMBB still uses the CM1 engine, therefore, is it still a small scale tactical game? However, as advertised, you can fight from Barbarossa 1941 to Berline 1945...in 60 seconds increments???? Is the game still broken down into tactical fights (e.g., reach waypoint A before X does), or has the time scale changed at all? Do I assume that there would be more of a campaign feel, in other words, linking these small scale tactical battles into a chain? I guess what I am getting at is the same question I had two years ago, is there anything done in CMBB to introduce more of a strategic feel or is the user still focusing on small scale tactical battles that last from minutes to hours instead of days and weeks?

ps. I am shocked to see the Peng threads still active. Is that the ultimate beaten horse that would never die?

Welcome back Steve. Yes, CMBB plays as CMBO, but has so much more going for it. Come on, its 41 to 45, more of everything. There is plenty of discussion and previews of the CMBB around. Should give you some idea.

As for the Peng thread... Sometimes bad growths just won't ever go away, no matter what you apply to it. Its an institution now, so the rest of us live with it and tread real careful, in case we accidently step in it.

As for the Peng thread... Sometimes bad growths just won't ever go away, no matter what you apply to it. Its an institution now, so the rest of us live with it and tread real careful, in case we accidently step in it.
We consider the outer boards to be "institutionised."

Noba.

CMBB News update:

? It's coming out in exactly one month.

? It's still the same old familiar method of play, but with huge improvements and great new commands (like 'shoot-and-scoot')

? They've done several invitation-only preview parties of a near final Beta version and the response was VERY positive indeed. The people who attended these parties have been spilling the beans to the rest of us on all the great new features.

? It'll be sold over-the-counter in Europe but still be internet sales everywhere else (I think).

? Itt will have SturmTigers but it won't have the Maus (I think).