Engineers can clear minefields!

I have played CM ever since I preordered it, and I am STILL learning things about it.

Today for the first time, in a PBEM game I am playing, one of my Engineer squads threw a satchel charge into a minefield, and the minefield marker disappeared! I had no idea they could do this!

Is this common knowledge? Has anybody else used their engineers to clear a minefield?

Just thought I would share, and kudos to BTS for creating a game which can still suprise me after 2 years of play.

Okay, next question and I've yet to get a good answer so pay attention damnit! smile.gif

If you have:

a) An AT minefield, NOT DAISY CHAINED but a standard buried AT minefield.

B) Engineers with whatever experience and equipment you choose to give them.

Can the engineers detect the minefields? I've created a test scenario (I love test scenarios) with German mines and Elite US Engineers (an no, they're not under fire at all) and the clowns sit, SIT mind you, on top of the minefields for turn after turn and I can see no evidence that they ever spot the mines.

Any guidance appreciated.

Joe

I've never heard of anyone detecting an AT minefield by doing anything other than driving something over it (boom).

It sounds like its a good idea, in a wet conditions when AT mines could block a vital road, to have a nice Jeep/Kubelwagon Guards Gamey Corps to detect the buggers.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

I've never heard of anyone detecting an AT minefield by doing anything other than driving something over it (boom).

It sounds like its a good idea, in a wet conditions when AT mines could block a vital road, to have a nice Jeep/Kubelwagon Guards Gamey Corps to detect the buggers.<hr></blockquote>Yet another good reason for having motorcycle/sidecar combos in the game! The problem with CMBO and presumably CMBB is that there isn't enough attention paid to us gamey players damnit! :D

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

The problem with CMBO and presumably CMBB is that there isn't enough attention paid to us gamey players damnit!<hr></blockquote>

We are quite aware of your gamey play, Joe Shaw!

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mace:

We are quite aware of your gamey play, Joe Shaw!

Mace<hr></blockquote>Oh and YOU should be talking Mr. Send the captured Brit para to LEAD the attack into the MG nest! AND I have a screenshot to prove it ... you just can't TRUST Australian CessPoolers, that's all there is to it. I wouldn't bother to limit that to just CessPoolers but this IS the outerboard so ...

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

It sounds like its a good idea, in a wet conditions when AT mines could block a vital road, to have a nice Jeep/Kubelwagon Guards Gamey Corps to detect the buggers.<hr></blockquote>

Ph33r my Elite Jeeps!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Yet another good reason for having motorcycle/sidecar combos in the game! The problem with CMBO and presumably CMBB is that there isn't enough attention paid to us gamey players damnit! :D

Joe<hr></blockquote>

Well how about including the Kettenkrad?

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Turretring:

In CMBB they should make Mongolian Infantry very cheap to buy. They could then be used, as the Soviets used them to clear mine fields my charging through them.

Not to mention German punishment companies.