Titan

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Tripps:

Got it today, 1140, Hamilton

Looks like we are ahead of the Aussies, in CMBB delivery and NFL smile.gif

Yeah, when your population's dropped to about 80 people it doesn't take long to find them.

The rest of the population of NZ is on Bondi Beach in Sydney, and I'm willing to bet none of them have the game. CMBB is a bit expensive when you're on unemployment benefits. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Brian Rock:

The rest of the population of NZ is on Bondi Beach in Sydney, and I'm willing to bet none of them have the game. CMBB is a bit expensive when you're on unemployment benefits. tongue.gif [/QB]

yeah well, i'll just quote one of our Prime Ministers a few years back

" With the recent exodus of Kiwi's to Australia, its raised the IQ of both countries" smile.gif

And as long as Kiwi companies own all your Aussie beers, it'd be best to be nice to us smile.gif

[ September 24, 2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Tripps ]

Originally posted by Tripps:

"With the recent exodus of Kiwi's to Australia, its raised the IQ of both countries" smile.gif

That was Sir Robert (Piggy) Muldoon - I have to admit one of my favourite insults of all time.

And as long as Kiwi companies own all your Aussie beers, it'd be best to be nice to us smile.gif
Now you're back in fairyland. ;)

CUB: 55% market share

Lion Nathan: 42% market share

Now either CUB became a New Zealand company and forgot to tell anyone, or you aren't clear about the difference between 42% and 100%. Based on the numeracy of the Kiwis I've met I'm betting on the latter. :D

Originally posted by tecumseh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tripps:

Got it today, 1140, Hamilton

Looks like we are ahead of the Aussies, in CMBB delivery and NFL smile.gif

Off topic a bit (no aussie bashing), but how come you guys got it midday? Is it being couriered? Or did you just get out of bed late? smile.gif </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tripps:

"With the recent exodus of Kiwi's to Australia, its raised the IQ of both countries" smile.gif

That was Sir Robert (Piggy) Muldoon - I have to admit one of my favourite insults of all time.

Now you're back in fairyland. ;)

CUB: 55% market share

Now either CUB became a New Zealand company and forgot to tell anyone, or you aren't clear about the difference between 42% and 100%. Based on the numeracy of the Kiwis I've met I'm betting on the latter. :D </font>

[QBCUB: 55% market share

Now either CUB became a New Zealand company and forgot to tell anyone, or you aren't clear about the difference between 42% and 100%. Based on the numeracy of the Kiwis I've met I'm betting on the latter. :D [/QB]

I wouldn't go on about NZ numeracy mate, since CUB is owned by Fosters I don't think CUB has quite the market share you think - maybe Fosters does - which Singaporeans own that now??

Time to play beer-grog. smile.gif

Foster’s Group Limited is the parent company. It’s an Australian public company and has four operating arms, with two of these handling beer: Foster’s Brewing International handles the non-Australian business, while CUB (Carlton & United Breweries) handles the Australian business. CUB’s beer brands are Carlton Cold, Carlton Draught, Carlton Midstrength, Cascade Premium Lager, Cascade Premium Light, Crown Lager, Foster's Lager, Foster's LightIce and Victoria Bitter.

There are a number of sources that give CUB a 55% market share, such as this Foster’s Group presentation at the Asian Investment Conference in March this year ( http://www.fosters.com.au/corporate/news/speeches/2002/hkslides.pdf ), and the following independent industry site ( http://www.thehospitalitysite.com.au/articles/64/0c007e64.asp ).

Lion Nathan Limited originated in New Zealand, and its three key business units are its Australian brewing operations, New Zealand liquor activities and Chinese operations. It has a massive number of brands in Australia: Emu Bitter, Emu Export, Eumundi, Carbine Stout, Hahn Ice, Hahn Longbrew, Southwark Bitter, Southwark Old Stout, Southwark Pale Ale, Swan Draught, Swan Stout, Tooheys Maxim, Tooheys New, Tooheys Pils, Tooheys Old, Tooheys Red, West End 107 Pilsener, West End Draught, West End Export, XXXX Bitter, XXXX DL Lager, XXXX Draught, Castlemaine Sovereign, Hahn Premium, Hahn Witbier, James Squire Amber Ale, James Squire India Pale Ale, James Squire Pilsener, James Squire Porter, Southwark Premium, Tooheys Extra Dry, Southwark White, Swan Mid Lager, Tooheys Gold, West End Gold, XXXX Gold, Emu Draft, Hahn Premium Light, Tooheys Blue Ice, Tooheys Blue, West End Light, and XXXX Light Bitter.

Despite the large number of brands, Lion Nathan’s 2001 Annual Report put their total market share at the 42.1% mark, as does http://www.thehospitalitysite.com.au/articles/64/0c007e64.asp .

In conclusion: CUB (ie all of its brands combined) does have 55% share, Lion Nathan (ie all of its brands combined) has 42%.

------------------------------------

None of which makes up for the fact NZ received CMBB first, of course. ;)

Originally posted by Mike:

oh, and my copy arrived today too! tongue.gif

I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I did beta-testing it the past several months. tongue.gif

Mace

PS. Want me to send over a bottle of whiteout so you can edit out my name from the manual, or would you rather just rip out the offending pages? ;)

Originally posted by Mike:

How can beer not be relevant you ENLIGHTENED GREAT AUSSIE, WHO'S GLOW I AM NOT WORTH TO BASK IN??

Easy. It's not relevant if it's not a great brew like Victoria Bitter or Carlton Cold Filtered.

Actually I would think the Kiwis would be especially fond of the 'XXXX' brand...you don't have to go through the trials and tribulations of trying to spell 'beer' correctly.

Mace

[ September 25, 2002, 05:26 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Now if you boys can stop thinking about Beer and get back to the task at hand! which is of course!

How to torture my posty if he doesn't bring CMBB today!

It's 6am Thursday morning, posty arrives at 11, if he isn't carrying CMBB may god have mercy on his soul!.

Stix

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mike:

How can beer not be relevant [some blather inserted by some aussie twit was deleted from here - Mace you really should pay more attention to keyboard security, mind you if they let you loose on one then I guess there really isn't any]??

Easy. It's not relevant if it's not a great brew like Victoria Bitter or Carlton Cold Filtered.</font>