Why modders don't use CMMOS 4?

Well, one can make CMMOS mods even if you are a Mac user, you just need a windows player to test them for you. Installation of CMMOS is not required in order to create CMMOS mods. Any Mac modder who'd like to create CMMOS versions of their mods can contact me and I can send them a copy of the "how to" manual and help them out.

Hopefully, there will be a Mac version of CMMOS in the not to extremely distant future.

Gordon

Para

I'll send you my mods...and you make them CMMOS compatible, how 'bout that.

Gordon

Would you rather have us "pig pen" people not release mods until they are CMMOS compatible, and not release to the COH's website. Should this just stick to the CMHQ website. (I don't want to step on any toes). I' ve downloaded all the CMMOS mods but I've had to change each and every file so I can use them on my mac. I'm just thinking about us mac users when I do send them over to the CM mod database.

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Para

Sorry, but I doubt I'll find the time for that in the next days.

I just read through the CMMOS mod-maker-manual and I think I'll need some time to fully understand how it works...

I'll try if I can figure it out with a simple mod over the weekend.

If I'm succesful and I find some time I'd be happy to help converting some mods.

"Why modders don't use CMMOS 4?"

I don't know. They must be crazy or somefink. CMMOS is the best thing going for mods --plain and simple. Unless it is for something special, I ignore all non-CMMOS mods. CMMOS makes things so easy that it just isn't worth all the hassel to invest much time in them.

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

Para

Gordon

Would you rather have us "pig pen" people not release mods until they are CMMOS compatible, and not release to the COH's website. Should this just stick to the CMHQ website. (I don't want to step on any toes). I' ve downloaded all the CMMOS mods but I've had to change each and every file so I can use them on my mac. I'm just thinking about us mac users when I do send them over to the CM mod database.

Feel free to release your mods in any format and on any site you choose (after all, they're your mods). I would like to have all CMMOS mods available on CM:HQ simply so that there's always one place that people know they can go to find any/all CMMOS mods.

Gordon

I use Windows as well & I'll also volunteer to test CMMOS compatible mods, just email me first & we can arrange the details then. I really would like to see more of these mods CMMOS compatible. As someone said above, there's less fuss & hassle in switching options ( when they're available ) & I also prefer to use them.

[ November 28, 2002, 02:03 PM: Message edited by: Rob Murray ]

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

"Why modders don't use CMMOS 4?"

I don't know. They must be crazy or somefink. CMMOS is the best thing going for mods --plain and simple. Unless it is for something special, I ignore all non-CMMOS mods. CMMOS makes things so easy that it just isn't worth all the hassel to invest much time in them.

In my case i find modding more fun than sitting down tryimg to make my mods cmmos compatable.But i am working on it.

Its just that there are only so many hours in the day. smile.gif