Reinforcements have arrived.....

Twice now in a scenario (ROW, so they will stay unnamed for now) I have got the message 'Reinforcements have arrived' during the play back turn. Both times I did not get any reinforcements (and boy, did I look for them!). Both times I noticed that turn, or shortly thereafter that my opponents had got reinforcements (once I saw the next playbeack some tanks driving up to the front, the other time some trucks popped up during the same playback, on the edge of the map).

It seems tome this is not on purpose, especially as it doesnot happen always as my opponent gets reinforcements. Could this, perhaps, be a real BUG??

Bertram

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

This happened to me just recently too. I'm waiting for the plane to make an appearance.

Bertram, email me the scenario name and I can look at the regular .cmb in the editor to determine if there is a problem.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

Ah yes, but when the plane strafes your own troops, how do you know it was your reinforcements or his?

;)

Perhaps the scenario designer set some tag that you were going to get reinforcements and then forgot to give them to you? Or more likely, meant to only give one side reinforcements but set the trigger for both sides?

Just a guess.

BeWary

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by newlife:

Ah yes, but when the plane strafes your own troops, how do you know it was your reinforcements or his?

;) <hr></blockquote>

You could go by this:

German: bombs, then 20mm cannon

Commonwealth: probably rockets (maybe bombs), then 20mm cannon

American: bombs or rockets, then .50cal MGs

or so the manual sez.

SPOILER FOLLOWS*****

I am pretty sure I heard my troops (US) call out "Watch out, enemy fighter!", during a bombing run on my forces in a recent scenario. This is the only time I have come across what might have been German airpower so far. The scenario was "Bootprints", which I downloaded from The Scenario Depot. I am guessing that troops receiving "friendly" fire from an aircraft would not shout out as above. However I do admit that it is possible this was an example of friendly fire, as the briefing did say to expect air support. The only airpower to appear were two bombing runs, on my infantry first, then on one of my Stuarts, resulting in 9 casualties from the first run, and an immobilised Stuart and eliminated Flamethrower unit from the second run. It was on the second run that I heard the troops shout out the warning. The area was heavily wooded, increasing the chances of mistaken identity on both sides.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Massattack ]</p>

SPOILERS FOLLOW -

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Massattack:

I am pretty sure I heard my troops (US) call out "Watch out, enemy fighter!", during a bombing run on my forces in a recent scenario. This is the only time I have come across what might have been German airpower so far. The scenario was "Bootprints", which I downloaded from The Scenario Depot. I am guessing that troops receiving "friendly" fire from an aircraft would not shout out as above. However I do admit that it is possible this was an example of friendly fire, as the briefing did say to expect air support. The only airpower to appear were two bombing runs, on my infantry first, then on one of my Stuarts, resulting in 9 casualties from the first run, and an immobilised Stuart and eliminated Flamethrower unit from the second run. It was on the second run that I heard the troops shout out the warning. The area was heavily wooded, increasing the chances of mistaken identity on both sides.<hr></blockquote>

Not a big deal, but in the future you may want to put some spoiler space (as above) before posting details about a specific scenario. A lot of people play double blind scenarios for their PBEM matches, so it's generally best to warn people before you give away any information that could make things less blind, as it were.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Chupacabra ]</p>