Your June 6th Duty as a CM'er

Every one must play at least one invasion (or airborne assault) scenario tommorrow. Next June 6th we'll all be playing CMBB and there won't be any "beach invasion"scenario's in that game so...just for old time sakes, and for our troops in '44.

Download clubfoot's beach mod for more immersion.

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

there won't be any "beach invasion" scenario's in that game.

Don't be so sure - I am working on such a historical scenario right now.

Steve

[ June 05, 2002, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Michael I think Clubfoot did an updated version of his beach mod that featured a British or Canadian landing scenario. Can't remember off hand.

Mord.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Actually, if you guys haven't checked out the article in National Geographic yet, there is a great two page spread of an actual contoured terrain map of one of the invasion beaches; great fodder for a scenario designer.

I was looking for that issue the other day, but apparently it hasn't hit the newsstands in these parts yet. Hope I don't miss it. I love NGS maps. Always look for them in used book stores and suchlike.

Michael

I plan on playing a rather large co-op battle with the missus tonight. We will each have our own company to command, and will take turns in the orders phase. I suggested a regular hot-seat match, but she doesn't like the competition. :D

I designed the scenario a while ago, simulating the fighting a few kilos in from the beaches. The good thing is, I don't remember much about the force composition I used, so it shouldn't be too unbalanced. Anyway, it's not a matter of a good, challenging game*, it's about spending "quality time" with the GF, and a rather simple way of observing this important day together.

* It should be known that I suck at CM. So even if I did know the enemy's forces, I'd still have a hard time. :D