Recommended/fun scenario/operation?

Yeah, 'Blitzkrieg' as the attacking Germans. Great fun, and darn difficult.

'21st army counterattacks' as defending Germans is great too. Not too difficult, if you play your cards right. Could be a real tough challenge from the Soviet side though.

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

The Iron Roadblock

Let me guess:

Is it about a lone KV-1 showed up right in the middle of main German supply line in July 1941 which took the Germans 2 days to take it out? AFAIK, the reason why this lone tank appeared was a mystery for all the crews were listed as KIA.</font>

SPOILER------------------------------------SPOILER

Is "A Deadly Affair" that partisan scenario? If so, that has to rank as THE most fun I've had with a computer game in years, bar none. Got to play it at a preview.

Very exciting and gripping. Pulled off a major victory by "running the gauntlet" with my trucks and getting most of them off the map. It was very hair raising all the way.

Originally posted by Francesco:

That Road Block KV2 had only a track damaged and a little gun damage from the 12-men Engineer squad.

It was KO by a 88mm battery. With two penetrations from 7 total hits.

Best regards,

Francesco

Thats right. I knew I would get into trouble if I posted without checking! That memory of mine is something else . . .

BTW, I was corrected and there was a KV-1 that did hold up an entire division. Those KV's were something else . . .

Too bad the demo showed the weaker KV's.

Chad

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Thats right. I knew I would get into trouble if I posted without checking! That memory of mine is something else . . .

BTW, I was corrected and there was a KV-1 that did hold up an entire division. Those KV's were something else . . .

Too bad the demo showed the weaker KV's.

Chad

Only one KV held up a division, AFAIK. There is some dispute about what kind of KV it was; Zaloga believes it was a KV-2, but other reputable sources call it a KV-1. I tend to believe Zaloga, both because he has lots of pictures of "the" KV-2 at Rossyenia, and because the tank's armor would seem to be more like KV-2 armor.

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

Whatever tank it was, it makes for a good story.

One the other side: a catpured KV-2, which was immobilzed, was used as a "bunker" and stopped the Amis cold. I read that from a hobby magazine and I am amazed that it survived even air strikes on it. Sorry, I forgot about most of the details.

Please keep the list coming!