Another Sneak Preview - in Utah ?

Yet another offer for a sneak preview of CMBB.

I live in Provo, Utah and I'll make one of two possible dates available for a preview. Either Saturday, July 13th 11:00am to 11:00pm or Saturday July 20th 11:00am to 11:00pm.

I can provide some food and drink, but I'll need to know what you want ahead of time (and I can't cook). I won't be providing any hard liquor however. Sorry, but I have no accomodations for those who would like to stay overnight (just in case someone wants to make a long distance trip).

I have a small LAN (but need to setup a second station - probably on the kitchen table) and some moderate speed computers with a variety of video cards (so you can get an idea of the performance).

BTS/BFC are allowing screenshots, so those can be made also, but with restrictions. Sorry, but no free copies of the beta.

So post here and let me know if there is any serious interest in this preview. Let me know what your preference on the date would be too.

[ July 08, 2002, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

It's possible... I live and work in the Denver area and *may* be able to arrange a customer apointment, (cough - cough, wink -wink), in SLC for Friday.

I'd probabaly drive or fly back then Sunday. Is there any place you'd recomend for a room Sat. night nearby? The 20th would be good for me. Use my regular e-mail account lkerry3@qwest.net to send details, not the one in my profile.

Oh, and regardless if I can make it or not thanks for the offer.

Kerry

Sorry about that, we just got the green light after Rune previewed the Beta.

For those of you who may be seriously interested and might find yourselves somehow wandering the wasteland of Utah, I can preview the Beta on some other dates, but I need to know beforehand what they would be.

[ July 08, 2002, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

YES!!! I live in Bountiful and it is definitely worth the drive down there to see it. The 13th or 20th are both fine for me. I simply can't believe my luck! I never thought anyone would do a preview in Utah.

Ami

Im seriously considering heading out there with a friend who is also into CM. We may make it a preview, then that night get a hotel and/or camp out. Sunday morning we will be looking for a fishing hole more than likely.

[ July 09, 2002, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Jagdwyrm ]

Looking into it, but it's turning out to be a tough sell to The Management Team (wife). 16 hours each way just doesn't seem that appealing to her for some reason, and she's afraid that if I go alone I might turn into a Mormon. Or sumfink.

If I do make it I'll bring some Canukian delicasies, like beer and bacon.

And a laptop.

Oh, don't let Rune know I'm thinking about this...he'll probably phone ahead to the border crossing and have me strip searched.

Ye Gawds, and I thought I was the only one left in Zion who actually HAD CMBO! There was an attorney who I was playing for a bit but haven't seen hide nor hair lately. Saturday the 13th should work fine for me, might squeeze in a little fishing on the Provo while I'm out and about.

Of course if my loyal and trustworthy squire Harv can make it on the 20th I might have to change my plans ... or make it both days!

Please send me the details via email (it's in my profile) so I can find you. No laptop I'm afraid so I won't be able to network.

Thanks,

Joe

Schrullenhaft,

If Joebob Shaw shows up, please refrain from showing him anything until he admits Buzzsaw as my Squire in the Peng Challenge Thread. Feel free to use any firearms to keep him away, or, in case you have one, feel free to let the Dogs out on him. [second thought, careful, the dog could get rabies].

If he sees the errors of his way, and admits him as my squire, will let you know so that you only take one or two shots at him. smile.gif

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Schrullenhaft,

If Joebob Shaw shows up, please refrain from showing him anything until he admits Buzzsaw as my Squire in the Peng Challenge Thread. Feel free to use any firearms to keep him away, or, in case you have one, feel free to let the Dogs out on him. [second thought, careful, the dog could get rabies].

If he sees the errors of his way, and admits him as my squire, will let you know so that you only take one or two shots at him. smile.gif

Rune

Silly Rune, of COURSE he has firearms, they are required by Utah State law ... especially in church and/or school.

As for Buzzsaw (spelt but not bolded) that's a topic more appropriate for the CessPool and I'm ashamed of you (well, okay then, MORE ashamed of you) for bringing our dirty linen to the outerboard.

Joe