Does armor abruptly stop in CMBB?

In CMBO, you'll notice that armor that is stationary takes a little while to pick up speed, it accelerates slowely then finally reaches it's top speed for the terrain it's rolling on. The problem is that when it reaches it's destination, it just stops instantly, no deceleration at all, quite annoying.

So, will this change in CMBB? Has BTS said anything about this? It should be fixed.

I know that but since the units are extreamly scaled up that probably can't be seen. Test this therory by scaling the units to regular/normal size and look at. (i'm not that big authority on this matter since all i have played is the demo version but I am getting the full version sometime this week..hopefully)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Does this not come down to the same degree of abstraction that has three soldiers per squad in the 3D world?

Not as such, IMO. Having a vehicle moving at top speed stop in it's tracks instantly is not an abstraction, it's plain unrealistic.

you guys should try ww2ol. you actually get to drive the tank. did you know the mk3h had 10 freakin' gears!? takes a long time to get up to speed in that thing. and just try to stop on a dime and turn 90 degrees. you'll roll it off the road. lol...

This thread wasnt going where I thought it might but I'll chip in anyway - GUN DAMAGE - one of the most annoying things to happen to your big cat (or any tank) currently takes out ALL guns in CMBO. Is this going to be fixed in CMBB? I mean there is no way that your main gun being hit should destroy all weapons in your tank. (coax / bow MG's etc)

I cannot speak for WWII tanks, but in a M1A1 you can stop on a dime. My driver went full brakes on me about a year ago when we were going about 30 MPH. Damn near killed the crew and me. My head bounced off the back end of the .50 cal and the loader got tossed around pretty good. You have to remember that it is a tracked vehicle. All of that surface area means that they can stop VERY quickly. Needless to say my gunner had a few choice words for him that day. However, rain/snow gives a whole new meaning to the term "power slide".

Hell an Abrams going 50 MPH could stop and be hauling @$$ in reverse before a Ferrari could even come to a halt.

Hope this helps.

BlackFive

Originally posted by Black Five:

I cannot speak for WWII tanks, but in a M1A1 you can stop on a dime. My driver went full brakes on me about a year ago when we were going about 30 MPH. Damn near killed the crew and me. My head bounced off the back end of the .50 cal and the loader got tossed around pretty good. You have to remember that it is a tracked vehicle. All of that surface area means that they can stop VERY quickly. Needless to say my gunner had a few choice words for him that day. However, rain/snow gives a whole new meaning to the term "power slide".

Hell an Abrams going 50 MPH could stop and be hauling @$$ in reverse before a Ferrari could even come to a halt.

Hope this helps.

BlackFive

*All I want for Christmas is a 90-ton killing machine. But if that falls through, I will begrudgingly settle for CM:BB smile.gif

This thread wasnt going where I thought it might but I'll chip in anyway - GUN DAMAGE - one of the most annoying things to happen to your big cat (or any tank) currently takes out ALL guns in CMBO. Is this going to be fixed in CMBB? I mean there is no way that your main gun being hit should destroy all weapons in your tank. (coax / bow MG's etc)

I have had tanks lose only it's main gun and still retain it's MG's. It just then becomes an anti-infantry vehicle.

This particular issue was noticed back during the beta demo days. There is a scenario in the Beta demo that included Hellcats, they could accelerate hell bent for leather down a steep hill and then stop on a dime. At the time BTS stated the current game engine couldn't accomodate the added code required to decelerate different vehicles at different rates (imagine a road full of mixed vehicles and what would be needed to get them to behave properly). Different speeds, wieghts and brake quality and performance would all be factors. I can assure you accurate info for the braking ability of 50 year old vehicles does not exist. Look at how little accurate non conflicting information exists on turret rotation speed for example.

Yes it would be nice, and add to the immersion and cool factor. I doubt mightily that it will change in CMBB, though you never know with BTS... :D