EXTREME CMBB FAQ, Open At Your Own Risk

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am wondering, with the advent of doodads and such. Why is it still not possible to have partially destroyed buildings. Any of you who have played Operation Flashpoint should be able to remember the type I am referring to, where only 1 or 3 walls of a structure are standing, and the roof is out? Even if the cover % was the same as an unharmed building, it would be nice to have the textures clear in spots, to givre it that, "just smacked by an 88" look. Has anyone heard anything along these lines?

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: *Captain Foobar* ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Why is it still not possible to have partially destroyed buildings. <hr></blockquote>

It probably sounds a lot simpler then it is to program. I would love to see a feature of the sort myself. Only BTS can really gave a proper answer as to whether it is possible or not.

Has anyone noticed that in Panzer Leaders post on pg1 (the one with the soviet assault guns advancing through the artillery) that there appears to be 11 or 12 explosions on the screen at the same time. This means either:

a) three FOs were targetted at the same spot, or

B) FOs have more (or variable) guns under their control.

Something that one of the beta testers (KD maybe?)said on the forum makes me thinks it's B). Huzzah! More firepower!

Regards

JonS

Another little tidbit, and a bump.

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=023126

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>In CMBB the AI will button and unbutton as it sees fit. Due to many vehicles having two man turrets you will also see TC's buttoning up in order to fire. The TacAi is aware that being unbuttoned near enemy infantry is unwise and will take neccesary precautions and when they feel the coast is clear will then unbutton.

Madmatt<hr></blockquote>

Ooooo. Nitty gritty trench-stuff:

CMBB: Trench Question

More rarity discussion and a bit on the Hulldown command:

Flamethrowers, pg. 10

CMBB - New Proposal for Rarity System

Oh, good grief. Now they're talking about stuff for the new engine and CMBB isn't even finished yet! Time for another FAQ! ;)

Flamethrowers, pg. 7

- Chris

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Wolfe ]</p>

Madmatt just posted this on another thread regarding non-vehicular crews' self-defense abilities.

---

Crews now have a (minimal) small-arms short-range self-defense capability!

The TACAI will take care of this for you, so you can't give them your own small arms targeting orders and as we say above it's a MINIMAL self defense ability but it's better than nothing.

This capability has been extended to ALL crewed units and teams. That's PaK crews, Mortar crews, FO's, Vlad and his Holy Avenger Flamethrower (although he would probably be more prone to zap the boogies with his FT), Dieter and his trusty 'Shreck, the works!

Bailed vehicles crews still have their pistols, as before, of course.

This self defense range is pretty limited (maximum of 100 meters or so) and the firepower rating is very small, probably less than the FP rating of single rifle per man and their ROF is much much slower than a dedicated rifleman.

It's a purely self defense mechanism, don't expect miracles, but it does give them a little bite.

Madmatt

From the Perpetuum Unlimber thread:

"There is a new status display timer for heavy and crew served weapons such as this which displays the SETUP time for the weapon. This tells the player how long the weapon team/crew needs to get the weapon setup and ready to fire."

Madmatt

------------------------------------

Is it just me, or is there a notable upswing on the responsiveness to questions posted on the board? Everytime I check, some tasty new tidbit is there...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JonS:

Has anyone noticed that in Panzer Leaders post on pg1 (the one with the soviet assault guns advancing through the artillery) that there appears to be 11 or 12 explosions on the screen at the same time. This means either:

a) three FOs were targetted at the same spot, or

B) FOs have more (or variable) guns under their control.

Something that one of the beta testers (KD maybe?)said on the forum makes me thinks it's B). Huzzah! More firepower!

Regards

JonS<hr></blockquote>

Maybe you can purchase both battery and regimental-level artillery formations.

• 2 weeks later...