Question..

Hiya,

Since factories consist of multiple tiles i was wondering how they collapse when you destroy them.. does a single tile collapse or the whole thing falls into oblivion? Also, if they collapse partially, how would that look? i mean, the "open section" won't look like a new wall right? (a la destroying tall heavy buildings that are in a row in CMBO)

Regards,

Gryphon

Factories can collapse on a per-tile basis. The interior walls are blank (nothing there) on the collapsed and surrounding portions. The exterior wall on neighboring portions remains the same to my knowledge.

For large stone buildings in a row, BTS/BFC have put in a bitmap that makes it look like an attached part of the building has collapsed rather than a having a new wall popup. It's a very nice effect.

Each individual factory 'tile' is the size of a standard large square building and these individuals abutt. The factory tiles on the map editor are like road or wall tiles, there's every wall placement (corner walls, parallel walls, 3-sided walls) you'd need to make any shape building you'd like. That also means you can place internal walls or even drop a standard square building into the mix.

These guys at Battlefront are mighty clever!

[ September 12, 2002, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Could you do the ol' CMBO trick and put the tank down FIRST, then build the facroy around it, a la immobilized tank in factory? That would be QUITE a surprise~!

Or a pile of them stuck on the line.

Mwuhahahaha....