BTS Testing AT 45MM on T-34 (for CMBB equation accuracy)

I just saw Soviet AT-45mm gun for $3000.

(Shotgun news January 1, 2002 issue www.shotgunsnews.com)

You can also buy T-34 for $5000.

So for only $8000 BTS could start testing penetrations and their CMBB equations. That should put the end to all complains about inadequate penetration equations.

I am sure Steve,Charles, Fionn would really enjoy it...

They had also for sale:MG34 MG42, MG-Madsen 8mm, MP-44, MG Shwarzloze, WWI 155 howitzers (handy for measuring that blast value first hand), MG-42 with tripod, MG34 with tripod, AA MG42s in double mount, Bren, Vickers, Soviet PPsh

And was SR-41 (PPsh41 convertion) was even used in WWII? (Add in Magazine claims this is soviet semi-auto WWII rifle)

I was amazed how many WWII stuff is still available...

ROFL

I had this funny ass vision of Matt lugging an MG42 through a cone obstacle course with Steve watching with a stopwatch. Of course Charles is there with a laptop coding as he watches (no rest programmer man we want CMBB like yesterday! smile.gif ). Then of course you have to have Kwazy having attached Matt with diodes and wires monitoring the motion of Matt to get the correct animation and and and and and.....

Okay well it was funny in my head!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Priest:

ROFL

I had this funny ass vision of Matt lugging an MG42 through a cone obstacle course with Steve watching with a stopwatch. Of course Charles is there with a laptop coding as he watches (no rest programmer man we want CMBB like yesterday! smile.gif ). Then of course you have to have Kwazy having attached Matt with diodes and wires monitoring the motion of Matt to get the correct animation and and and and and.....

Okay well it was funny in my head!<hr></blockquote>

You have no idea how close to the mark you really are about how we do stuff at Battlefront.

Madmatt

Man I'm either gonna get banned or my copy of CM:BB will arrive as mulch but here goes.

If BigTime Software et al. does indeed use Madmatt for modeling the running rate of HMG42s then it begs the question of what fitness level is he portraying??? :D

Ouch!! Hey stop, it's a joke man! Ouch!! I apolo <BZZZTTTT................> Click

Killmore wrote:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I was amazed how many WWII stuff is still available... <hr></blockquote>

And how expensive the full auto stuff is if it is transferable. MG42s go for $20,000! Ouch!

As for Battlefront and weapons handling... we have shot pretty much all the standard small arm used by Germans and Soviet forces in WWII. Nice to have a friend who has about 100 full auto guns from all nations of all time periods smile.gif And no, he can not be your friend too :D

As for the $5000 T-34/85... BS :D This is either a scam from Eastern Europe or a trashed and unrunning model. Even within Europe, where the numbers are higher and transportation is cheaper, the price for a decent condition T-34/85 is much higher. How would I know this? Because one day I shall own such a beast smile.gif Good deal is around $35,000 USD already inside the USA. Of course, transporting the pig will cost many thousands of dollars for even fairly short hauls. At that weight you have to pay Uncle Sam to use his highways!

Steve

P.S. Thanks for reminding me why I let my subscription to Shotgun News lapse. It was so hard to read the thing and NOT go out and buy something I don't really need! Like I really needed a G3 ;)

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Big Time Software ]</p>

I actually saw T-34 for $5000 with running engines in Poland. Thay were not in a good shape - The insides were trashed. But you could move them and turn the turret. Thats about it. All other equipment was gone.

Of course shipping it to US would cost another $10000 probably.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>AFAIK, T-34/85 is still used in Angola in the 80's. If you gotta a connection some here, I am sure you don't have to pay *that* much!<hr></blockquote>

Some T34/85s involved in fighting in Croatia and Bosnia, too, and some 88s in coastal batteries too.

apex

Ahh... still in Poland. Yup, that makes sense. $5000 for a trashed and barely running one sounds about right. But if you want one outside of Poland you might as well double or tripple that price. To get it to the US would most likely be $10k and involve a professional broker (don't try a Form 6 at home kiddies! smile.gif ). Then once you get it home, plunk down that much again for a good overhaul and fixes while praying that critical componants aren't shot or about to fail. If you think getting a part for a US WWII vehicle might be tough, this is even tougher smile.gif

The Czech Republic has been selling off their stuff for years. Very easy to get stuff from there to the UK from what I can tell. I've even seen cool stuff like SU 122s for sale. And I was chatting with a former Major today who says the old East German stuff is all still locked up and nobody in the German goverment can figure out what to do with it. Such vehicles are illegal to own in Germany, so the easy option is out.

Hehe... Soviet tank painted up to be German. Man, those German reenactors will do that to anything :D Some guy is still trying to sell a US made T16 Universal Carrier which he painted up to be "Afrika Korps" captured material. So far as I know not a single such vehicle was ever in North Africa, and even if it was it took a lot of imagination to even think of converting such a vehicle in the way this guy did.

Steve

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by apex:

Some T34/85s involved in fighting in Croatia and Bosnia, too, and some 88s in coastal batteries too.

apex<hr></blockquote>

A couple months ago I saw a picture of a Serb T-34/85 that got shot up by Croat tanks on a roadside. There were also some M-36 Jacksons in use by Croatia too. One was acquired by a museum here in the States and I saw at least one on Ebay.

I know of at least 4 Jacksons and 4 Hellcats which were brought over. All the Hellcats sold fairly quick, but the Jacksons didn't move nearly as quickly. I'm pretty sure more were brought back than that, but the total number probably wasn't more than 12 or so total. The M36 that was up on eBay (for too much money) was one of the many that had a Soviet diesel engine in place of the original equipment.

I know of one Jackson that has been totally fixed up and a Hellcat in a museum which was aquired from Yugoslavia prior to its breakup. I think one of the more recent Hellcats, fixed up, is up for sale for around $130,000.

Steve