Sir, the Traditions of the Peng Challenge Thread are Rum, Sod-Off, and the Lash!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dalem:

Yeah, I am bad at starving him and he (we) don't get enough exercise. He made it through his liver operation last summer okay, but things might be turning bad again. Just had him at the vet today for a blood test/liver panel.<hr></blockquote>

Well, I hope your fat little friend is okay. I'm a sucker for doggies. Even earless ones...Croda you bastard.

Jeff

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Orange Whip

* 3 oz Orange juice

* 1 oz Rum

* 1 oz Vodka

* 1 oz cream

* ice

Volunteer Gag (Bigh Orange Whip)

* 3 oz Orange Juice

* 3 oz Jack Daniels (No Kentucky Bourbon)

* 1 oz cream

* crushed ice

whip drink in a blender.<hr></blockquote>

Damn you Slap and your Foo-Foo drinks. Be a man and just drink from the bottle. It's not like being a beligerant drunk would hurt your social life in any meaningful way.

Jeff

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shandorf:

Damn you Slap and your Foo-Foo drinks. Be a man and just drink from the bottle. It's not like being a beligerant drunk would hurt your social life in any meaningful way.

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

Told you shambles, I don't drink them, I just mix them.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Told you shambles, I don't drink them, I just mix them.<hr></blockquote>

YE GODS!!

Not only do we have about 30% of recent posts (especially by yon JUSTACARROT) referring to [gag)ILL-2[/choke], but we now descend to the depths of posting recipes for [retch]COCKTAILS?[/spew]. Molotov I can handle ....... but prissy?? ........ PUKE!!!!

Does anyone delve into CM around here anymore?? [empty echo][/still empty echo....echo]

Anybody still game to play THE GAME??? rather than fly off on inane tangential oddyseys??. If ye do, send me a feckin' setup if ye've got the gumption to withstand an all out Nonpodean Assault ..... (I bet Lars hasn't got enough to try double Aussie trouble)

Ye wankers,

AJ

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

{You really shouldn't you know.} ... I know, I know, but really, this one is too good to pass up ... {I know what you mean, we've not seen the likes since, well, since Agua Perdido} ... Exactly, and you know the swine in the CessPool, someone'll snatch him up in a heatbeat and then where'll I be ... {without a Squire most likely} ... Quite so ... {Still, to make him Serf and in the same breath Squire, doesn't that fly in the face of your previous rulings?} ... Hmmmff, if the denizens of the CessPool don't care about my work here, if they can bitch and moan about this and that whilst never acknowledging the effort I put in, and look at the names they call me, why 'tis to make a sailor blush. They dare to accuse me, ME the Justicar, of not following the traditions of the CessPool whilst they are off swanning about doing as they damned well please. Well ... to hell with them.

Lorak ... let it be known that I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT, Justicar and Cesspool Drain Commissioner, do hereby make D a Serf of the CessPool and take him to Squire.

<hr></blockquote>

Is it possible that the pressures of being the Justicar with the newly added pressures of the IL-2 forum have finally caused Joe Shaw to snap? I believe Joe Shaw is suffering from a nervous breakdown. Is there a doctor in the Cesspool? Please fix or do somefink.

Persephone

Sire Slapdragon.

----------------------------------------------------------

Joe, you are a worthless sod, but probably a good guy underneath. You are forgiven. Noba. you may be my Squire. Fight Lars and fetch me a can of Boag's Beer.

----------------------------------------------------------

I shall do the right thing, and kick Lars back to the sludge at the bottom of the 'pool. As AJ- another great Australian - has challenged him, he will be kicked twicely.

Now i'm off to find some Boags......hmmmmm.

Your humble squire,

Noba.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Seanachai,

So, what do you think of joe our justicar and his trolling for new SSNs? At least you limited yourself to our own good board, while he goes out to the Makin' me IL/2 forum. Sad state of affairs<hr></blockquote>

IL-2 is a computer game that requires skill. If you ever get a real computer or develop any real skills, you might enjoy it.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Lawyer ]</p>

Originally posted by Loser...

IL-2 is a computer game that requires skill. If you ever get a computer or develop any skills, you might enjoy it.

So how come you try and play it ? (Such an easy target, I couldn't resist ...sorry. Not)

Sire Slapdragon

Boags is not in my local bottle shop ! AND I havn't had my shots updated, so I can't got to Tasmania for a while. I also don't have any family down that way. I wonder if Mace could nip over and get some.

Humbly yours ;

Noba.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

IL-2 is a computer game that requires skill.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Lawyer ]<hr></blockquote>

Ah thank ye need tae laift ye sights a wee bit laddie! Playing' tha piano well requires skill. Tossin' tha feckin' caber withoot killin' yersailf requires skill. Speakin' wathoot a limp requires skill. Sittin' at a feckin' keyboard wi' one hand wrapped aroond a plastic todger an' twitchin' pixels aboot a computer monitor requires tha attaintion span o' a gnat, tha plannin' skills o' a cuckoo an' tha manual skills o' a sailf-molester on crack!

Thas as tha feckin' COMBAT MISSION forum, an' thas as the Mutha Beautiful Thraid!!.

Af'n ye wantae ha' ye furtive discussions aboot a non-CM, non-wargame, non-intelligent, twitch game - go tae tha feckin' forum fer at! Af'n ye posted thas ****e oot ain the Ooterboarrrds, ye'd gi' ye ****ty wee thraid boonced aintae tha General Forum ain' two shakes laddie, af'n at widnae locked oop firrst!. At wud bae better tae nae abuse tha license wa have ain tha MBT wi' ye scabby mouthe blatherin' aboot tha' game.

As' fer Joe Ah'm a skankin' wanker Shaw, takin' a wun time poster as serf an' squire as right oop there wi' ye non-CM heresy. Ye've lost whatever at were ye had, mon.

Tha feckin' lunatics are runnin' tha asylum!

Ah hate all o' ye! (Tha wee lassies excepted o' course)

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: OGSF ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Noba:

Originally posted by Loser...

IL-2 is a computer game that requires skill. If you ever get a computer or develop any skills, you might enjoy it.

So how come you try and play it ? (Such an easy target, I couldn't resist ...sorry. Not)

Sire Slapdragon

Boags is not in my local bottle shop ! AND I havn't had my shots updated, so I can't got to Tasmania for a while. I also don't have any family down that way. I wonder if Mace could nip over and get some.

Humbly yours ;

Noba.<hr></blockquote>

That is ok squire Noba . I did not know your where a miner. In the United States we have laws against contributing to the debasement of a miner, and miners are not allowed to buy beer, so I would not want you to be arrested on my account if it is the same in Ozzyland.

I May be a Gates-slut, but I am also a CMBOer, and while I'm not sure if I read it right or not I think I am TWICE in agreement with OGSFLOMPBASTRD: Once about the number of choices and secondly about all this talk about that other "game" for twitchy people like laywer just aint right for this thread. Sure Peng is dead (Long Live Mr Gates!) but this thread did belong to him and it still bears his name, and it is about challenging other 'poolers to games of CM.

So Shut your filthy pie-holes you twitchers and take your joy sticks somewhere else and yank 'em.

Gates-slut

By the way, I understand that XP has terrific support for force-feedback kinds of joysticks and such - not that I ever use those sorts of things. Isn't Mr Gates wonderful? doesn't he take good care of ALL of us who have chosen his loverly OSes?

Lorak the Gimp Footed One and still Loathed, please be so kind as to tally another loss for me and a victory for jd.

My streak continues and it is something you'll never rival. If you're of a particularly foul countenance this day, you can also add 3 ignominious losses for me to OGSF, which he may or may not have reported.

You still owe me a turn, slacker.

Lorak the Gimp Footed One and still Loathed, please be so kind as to tally another loss for me and a victory for jd.

My streak continues and it is something you'll never rival. If you're of a particularly foul countenance this day, you can also add 3 ignominious losses for me to OGSF, which he may or may not have reported.

You still owe me a turn, slacker.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Gates-slut:

By the way, I understand that XP has terrific support for force-feedback kinds of joysticks and such - not that I ever use those sorts of things. Isn't Mr Gates wonderful? doesn't he take good care of ALL of us who have chosen his loverly OSes?<hr></blockquote>

I want to propose a new movie title: Hidden Peng, Crouching Seanachi.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah thank ye need tae laift ye sights a wee bit laddie! Playing' tha piano well requires skill. Tossin' tha feckin' caber withoot killin' yersailf requires skill. Speakin' wathoot a limp requires skill. Sittin' at a feckin' keyboard wi' one hand wrapped aroond a plastic todger an' twitchin' pixels aboot a computer monitor requires tha attaintion span o' a gnat, tha plannin' skills o' a cuckoo an' tha manual skills o' a sailf-molester on crack!

Thas as tha feckin' COMBAT MISSION forum, an' thas as the Mutha Beautiful Thraid!!.

Af'n ye wantae ha' ye furtive discussions aboot a non-CM, non-wargame, non-intelligent, twitch game - go tae tha feckin' forum fer at! Af'n ye posted thas ****e oot ain the Ooterboarrrds, ye'd gi' ye ****ty wee thraid boonced aintae tha General Forum ain' two shakes laddie, af'n at widnae locked oop firrst!. At wud bae better tae nae abuse tha license wa have ain tha MBT wi' ye scabby mouthe blatherin' aboot tha' game.

As' fer Joe Ah'm a skankin' wanker Shaw, takin' a wun time poster as serf an' squire as right oop there wi' ye non-CM heresy. Ye've lost whatever at were ye had, mon.

Tha feckin' lunatics are runnin' tha asylum!

Ah hate all o' ye! (Tha wee lassies excepted o' course)

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy<hr></blockquote>

Gentleworms!

<font size="3">I think its time for a new Justicar! </font><font size="2">joe</font><font size="3"> has fallen down on the job and become part of the problem. </font><font size="4">Sir OGSF</font><font size="3"> shows the right sort of attitude for the job. Lorak, Seanachai, what say you? Down with </font><font size="2">joe</font><font size="3">! </font><font size="4">OGSF</font><font size="3"> for Justicar</font></p>

Lorak ... let it be known that I, Sir Joe Shaw, Knight Champion of the MBT, Justicar and Cesspool Drain Commissioner, do hereby make D a Serf of the CessPool and take him to Squire.

Joe

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]<hr></blockquote>

Oh... My... Berli!

How can I possibly show my face in public again? To be taken to Squire by Joe Shaw? Small children will shriek at my passing by. Homeless "vets" with their cardboard signs will recoil in pity. It is too awful to bear.

Besides, as OGSF pointed out you can't go taking a four posting SSN to squire. It's just not done, man. Your deviancy knows no bounds, does it? I'm certain that sooner or later videotape will surface that proves, beyond doubt, that you not only have trysts with Il-2: Sturmovik ON THE SAME DRIVE AS CMBO, but you most likely hang out in the "Edutainment" aisle of Electronics Boutique eyeing the lithe boxes of Jump Start 2nd Grade and Freddi Fish.

Squire to Shaw? Eeeww! Make the bad man stop...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Leeo:

It's supposed to have "Challenge" in it.

Mouth breathing pillock wanker.<hr></blockquote>

I must say though, it does sound enchanting. How about:

Hidden Seanachai, Crouching Peng Challenge

Now it can be from an official Kay-nugat, rather than a boisterous beourgois knuckle-dragger.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

I must say though, it does sound enchanting. How about:

Hidden Seanachai, Crouching Peng Challenge

Now it can be from an official Kay-nugat, rather than a boisterous beourgois knuckle-dragger.<hr></blockquote>

Not that it matters, since all Tradition seems to be swept down the oubliette these days, but It's Been Done.

I mean, really. It's not even like it was even that long ago. New titles are supposed to be witty AND original. Where they get Kniggets these days I'll never know. Out of the remainder bins, no doubt. Oh, for the Halcyon Days of Yore when Knights had more that two firing neurons at any given moment and could not only remember what it was they just drank but what they said yesterday. Makes me positively maudlin for the olde days....

Has anybody here seen the old Knight David? Can you tell me where he's gone?

I thought I saw him, walkin' over the hill,

with Peter, Andy, and Jon.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Gentleworms!

<font size="3">I think its time for a new Justicar! </font><font size="2">joe</font><font size="3"> has fallen down on the job and become part of the problem. </font><font size="4">Sir OGSF</font><font size="3"> shows the right sort of attitude for the job. Lorak, Seanachai, what say you? Down with </font><font size="2">joe</font><font size="3">! </font><font size="4">OGSF</font><font size="3"> for Justicar</font><hr></blockquote>Berli this IS the problem. Everyone, including yourself, is allowed to run roughshod over the rules and traditions of the CessPool with nary a word said. I attempt to stick up for the rules and traditions and am hounded from the rooftops (not sure, that may be a mixed metaphor, not that I care). So if you think, if you REALLY think, that OGIcan'twriteanything withoutitlookinglikeI'vemarblesinmymouthSF would make a BETTER Justicar, one who VALUES and SUPPORTS the rules and traditions of the CessPool, one who upholds the values ruthlessly regardless of the cost, then by all means go right ahead. The CessPool will be the worse for it as you know.

D, for your first assigment as my Squire, I'll require a 14 page essay, double spaced on the topic "Berli is he LIVE or just EVIL?" I think you'll find that I'm fair but tough on my squires but I should also point out that I am 3 for 3 in Squires to Knights, which is a far greater success rate than ANY other Knight.

Joe

D, for your first assigment as my Squire<hr></blockquote>

AAah! He said it again! What on Earth have I ever done to deserve such a baseless canard to be afflicted upon my humble Monogram? This is SHAW we're talking about. "Sickie Shaw" as he was no doubt called by his classmates back in Grade 5. Plays about with twitch games and EVERYTHING. It CAN'T be happening... I refuse to believe it! Do you hear me Joe? I'm Not Listening... LALALALALALALALA!!!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> I'll require a 14 page essay, double spaced on the topic "Berli is he LIVE or just EVIL?"

Joe<hr></blockquote>

Berli evil? Of course he is. We all are, Joe, to one degree or another. Oh sure, some just commit little evils like swiping the odd fiver from the tip jar of Old Blind Benny the newsboy, while others are more "adventurous" with livestock. Even Hiram is evil, though I don't know how. Was he not drawn forth from his self-imposed exile by the Mistral-like ordure blowing from the Cess into the innermost crevices of his soul? A powerful grip does the MBT have on evil, drawing it to itself like some sort of, uh,

{Damn, there was the perfect analogy just on the tip of my tongue but I just lost it in all this "Squire to Shaw" trauma...}, um... Evil-Sucky-Thing. Berli is the current executive officer, I suppose, but all his decisions have to be ratified by a bi-weekly meeting. Need I remind you that

"In the Ninth Circle, though, are those faithless ones who turned their back on the one true Way." - BoP 5:18

Did you not yourself deny It three times before the cock crowed? "Just one more go and I'll nail that FW... Just one more."

CMBO is waiting for you Joe, even if you care not.

(Crikey, see what you've done? The crawling sensation under my skin made me mess up some UBB. Although I'm suspicious that even Andreas might have to edit should his NihongoTeutonicness ever be subjected to such horror.)

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: D. ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by D.:

Not that it matters, since all Tradition seems to be swept down the oubliette these days, but It's Been Done.

I mean, really. It's not even like it was even that long ago. New titles are supposed to be witty AND original. Where they get Kniggets these days I'll never know. Out of the remainder bins, no doubt. Oh, for the Halcyon Days of Yore when Knights had more that two firing neurons at any given moment and could not only remember what it was they just drank but what they said yesterday. Makes me positively maudlin for the olde days....

<hr></blockquote>

Okay Dee, that's enough flaunting of the fact that you are a low numbered junior member -- we get it already. Wait you fail to see are the subtle delicacies of the Mutha Beaute: i.e. tradition.

Besides, and heads-up for the Panzer Leader haters out there, I got the thumbs up from Madmatt (tee-hee) SO tonight, after I get enough Black Russian in me, I will be on the board with a VENGEANCE, and Dee, if you've been around like you say you have, you will know what that means...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>AAah! He said it again! What on Earth have I ever done to deserve such a baseless canard to be afflicted upon my humble Monogram? This is SHAW

we're talking about. "Sickie Shaw" as he was no doubt called by his classmates back in Grade 5. Plays about with twitch games and EVERYTHING. It CAN'T be happening... I refuse to believe it! Do you hear me Joe? I'm Not Listening... LALALALALALALALA!!!<hr></blockquote> Ah well, perhaps it's for the best. Perhaps the time for anarchy has come (whatever, Bauhaus, I'm too depressed to care) at last .

The old ways are, it appears, gone for good.

Why the time was when an SSN would leap at the chance to be made squire to ANY Knight of the CessPool, let along to the First Among the Seniour Knights.

The time was when the Olde Ones could be counted upon for their sage counsel and wise advice, when they could be counted upon to uphold the right regardless of personal gain or ego.

The time was when the CessPool MEANT something. But now we have SSNs setting conditions for matches with Seniour Knights, we have SSNs trampling upon the office of the Justicariate and we have Olde Ones, who should be upholding the honor and tradition of the CessPool, instead flaunting it and twisting those same traditions to their own dishonorable ends.

And why? Some would say that it's due to a few minor references to IL-2. But at least IL-2 is a WW2 Sim, it's not football, it's not personal photographs (however artfully altered), it's not even a diatribe against Microsoft, all of which have heretofore been embraced by the CessPool, that most OFF-Topic of off-topic threads.

Some might say that it's due to the adoption of a squire after only a few posts. But we know, do we not, when a likely lad appears? I knew it the moment I read Agua Perdido, and I knew it when I read the first post of D to the CessPool. Did anyone jump to claim the Tin Pot Cook when HE first posted? Of course not, for that spark wasn't there.

Some might say that it's due to the Justicar being an overbearing, pompous and self-absorbed, self-appointed guardian of the CessPool. In that they are entitled to their opinion of course, but self-appointed I was not. I was appointed by the Olde Ones to safeguard and protect the traditions of the CessPool and I have done that to the best of my ability.

Stixx, if you want a game you may have it upon the conditions I set forth, if not you may attempt to find another here who will accomodate you.

D, you are hereby released from the honorable office of Squire to myself, best of luck lad.

OGSF, if upon the vote of the Olde Ones you are confirmed as Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread ... good luck, you'll need it.

And to the rest of you ... as the days of my life grow shorter, as the dusk gathers about me and the wind whispers through the pines outside my window I'll hear, as if from far off, the rattle of the keyboards, I'll see the posts and emails of long departed, though not forgotten friends and the glow of my monitor will illuminate a face grown old in the service of the CessPool. And, eventually, the glow from the monitor will simply fade away. And so, like that monitor, I too now simply ... fade away ... an old Justicar who tried to do his duty as Gawd gave him the light to see that duty ... Goodbye.

Joe