I don t understand

Arioch

Originally posted by Arioch:

Still no date for european release on CDV site ( expect germany of course).................

BTS are you happy with this no communication policy ?

So why don't you send CDV an email, and cease your sniping at BTS?

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

So why don't you send CDV an email, and cease your sniping at BTS?

Mace

Perhaps because CDV don't answer emails, except with auto-generated "Oh, we're so glad you wrote us!" emails! :(

And Mace, who do you think is responsible for the deal with CDV? BTS is ultimately calling the shots here.

BTS has stated time and time again that they are very happy with their arrangement with CDV and I'm sure it helped boost the sale of CMBO quite a lot. However, it feels pretty frustrating when there is no official communication from CDV regarding CM:BB in english. All I know is what I've been able to read on this forum, and the rumours among the local retailers.

There are of course quite a lot of people that pre-ordered from BTS and hasn't received their games yet either, but no one is questioning BTS effort and capability of supplying their customers with their products.

CDV on the other hand, could be suspected of ignoring the market outside Germany as there is no info in english what so ever on their web-site about CM:BB. They don't, of course, and I'm pretty sure they have good reasons for delaying, but it would help tremendously if they just could provide us with a little official info! smile.gif

Cheers!

CDV's French CM site only mention CMBO as a novelty.

After all it has only been released here quite recently.

Some part of the Pre ordering site gives both a 26th Sep. AND a 18th Oct. release date.

Which could be slightly confusing.

:D

I care not as I am one of those individuals who went the long way around.

But without any sniping at BFC, they might want to know what's happening in here for further discussion with CDV...

Guest Sgt. Emren

Xavier,

What is the problem in pointing out that it is STILL impossible to order CMBB in ENGLISH from the website of the official distributer???

This has got nothing to do with waiting for a delivery, waiting for shipment or waiting for a product to be complete. It is not a matter of being able to order (or even pre-order) from just about everywhere else than CDV, at the same time. This has to do with the official European distributer, CDV, seemingly not living up to their end of the agreement with BFC (Disclamer: I have not seen said agreement). CDV is absolutely silent on the issue. BFC just say that they are happy with the agreement.

Well, how can they be happy about something that is not being carried out?

Originally posted by Sgt. Emren:

Xavier,

What is the problem in pointing out that it is STILL impossible to order CMBB in ENGLISH from the website of the official distributer???

This has got nothing to do with waiting for a delivery, waiting for shipment or waiting for a product to be complete. It is not a matter of being able to order (or even pre-order) from just about everywhere else than CDV, at the same time. This has to do with the official European distributer, CDV, seemingly not living up to their end of the agreement with BFC (Disclamer: I have not seen said agreement). CDV is absolutely silent on the issue. BFC just say that they are happy with the agreement.

I agree. But I have found the solution for myself.

I'll order CMBB for a friend who lives on a tiny Island near Mauritius. When this friend will receive his CMBB copy, she( yes it's a girl) will ship me the package because she knows nothing about war, computer an stuff (girls :rolleyes: ) and in January 2007 I will be able to play with CMBB :D

[ September 26, 2002, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Xavier ]

Xavier,

It's not a problem per se, just an exercise in futility. Since CDV is handling all sales in Europe, pointing it out here doen't achieve anything. I'm sure BTS aren't happy about it but they handed that part of the business over to someone else, and strictly speaking it isn't their problem anymore. Steve and Charles have over the years proved themselves to be very customer friendly, often discussing parts of the game on the board even when it had been done to death ten times before, so insinuating that they don't care is wide off the mark.

Having waited a long time for CMBO i can wait for CMBB too, and this si not said as a fanboy. BTS should be critisized if they make en erroneous game but blaming them for the distribution is silly.

Tue

Guest Sgt. Emren

Das Boot,

Well, if turns out to be an exercise in futility, then perhaps BFC does not really care. However, I do not believe this to be the case, which is why I for one support Arioch´s view. I have no problem with waiting for a game. I'm not claiming that BTS/BFC does not care about its customers - only that they keep stating that they are happy with the agreement.

And this is truly surprising coming from the same company, which two years ago virtually denounced the retail sector, IIRC specifically because they wanted to be in control of release dates and costs. Well, I guess they changed their philiosophy. I have no problem with that either.

And maybe, just maybe, there are things going on between BTS and CDV behind the curtains. I sincerely hope so.

Das Boot,

Well, if turns out to be an exercise in futility, then perhaps BFC does not really care. However, I do not believe this to be the case, which is why I for one support Arioch´s view. I have no problem with waiting for a game. I'm not claiming that BTS/BFC does not care about its customers - only that they keep stating that they are happy with the agreement.

And this is truly surprising coming from the same company, which two years ago virtually denounced the retail sector, IIRC specifically because they wanted to be in control of release dates and costs. Well, I guess they changed their philiosophy. I have no problem with that either.

And maybe, just maybe, there are things going on between BTS and CDV behind the curtains. I sincerely hope so.

I think we agree on most of the issues, it's just that the European release is now out of BTS/BFC's hands. I hope they put pressure on CDV but I doubt there's much they can do since they have an agreement - that's why I think it's pointless. I DO agree that venting your frustrations here might convince BTS to make their next game purchaseable online wheter you're American, Japanese or German but I don't know if this would hinder a distrubution agreement.

The rest of Europe will get the game - only a little later than the rest of the world and it that constitutes not caring about the customers then maybe you're right. Though IMO you're wrong.

Tue

Guest Sgt. Emren
The rest of Europe will get the game - only a little later than the rest of the world and it that constitutes not caring about the customers then maybe you're right. Though IMO you're wrong.
The fact that the rest of Europe would get it later is not, and has never been my concern. As I said, I don't mind waiting. What annoys me is the, let's call it ineffeciency, of CDV insofar as it is not possible to order an English version from them. And this is the official distributer. And the fact the BFC/BTS subsequently says that its quite happy with the agreement. Whether or not they are happy with the PERFORMANCE of CVD is, I suppose, another matter.

Whether BFC/BTS care about their customers, I have no doubt. But it is quite plain that CDV don't care much about THEIR english speaking customers. And if I was in charge of BFC/BTS, then I would definitely not be content with the way CDV is (not) behaving.

It's not so much that it's late. It's the fact that CDV doesn't seem to be handling it's information release very well at all. Confusion has set in, irritation is beginning to build up, resentment sure to follow.

Yes, it is an impatient world in which we live. But also in today's world of the internet information has never been so easy to spread...

Hi all

I am not a business savvy bloke

I have little or no interest in Internet sales vs Retail sales issues

I no longer care what problems there are in producing UK version or any other version for that matter.

I have no axe grind with BTS/BFC (although I can think of several places to put it with CDV lot)

I just want the game (and yes I know I can get it if I really want it via US pal)

IE the same game that is being played in USA, Germany, Hong Kong, Canada, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand etc etc

Wallowing in misery and abject self pity

Actually whats more annoying is that there is no European Bundle-Pack of both BO and BB (with proper manuals).

If you live in western europe you cant order if from BF but CDV arent releasing it (Apparently not for at least 6 months) Why not? Because they're still pushing the single sales of CMBO and CMBB seperately.

So the only way to get cmbo and cmbb WITH a full and proper manual (which is to order if direct from BF) is blocked by CDV.

BF obviously cannot comment Officially on this - they simply cannot say "Yes we're freakin' angry as heck!" - even though they undoubtedly are less than "supra la luna" about it...

But what can you do? Without having a friendly soul in the US (or elsehwere) who CAN order a proper and complete version without "half arsed manual" or the bundle pack - then you are scupered.

As to "What is the purpose of stating this on the BF forums?" - that should be obvious... to try to ensure BF don't get holed in later games with the same shoddy distribution deal.

Unfortunately the "Money up front" exclusive distribution deal is hard to refuse... even when you know it WILL pee-off some of your customers.

and keeping silent about it remains the best policy for BF - and no i dont blame them for that...just wish they'd chosen almost anybody except CDV as their "partner".

The delay isnt an issue - getting a sub-standard copy manual IS.

There is no requirment for CDV to issue a single-set DVD jewel case for the game and thus no requirment for a sub standard manual. This is PURELY a choice by CDV to save on packaging costs.

There exists NO regulations making DVD cases compulsory, nor on the size of DVD cases for Games. Check out Ubi-Soft DVD (oversized) releases and Atari et al for the "proof".

All in all it looks like BF got rather shafted - or rather the European market segment did.

And one other reason for posting:

Its good stress relief to publically grind an axe....

meanwhile - back to PG2 and WF/EF /em sighs.

Guest Sgt. Emren

Amen to that dd!

That no-bundle thing is also pi$$ing me off....

To be honest, I actually prefer DVD cases, but I don't like a half-arsed manual. I'd still like to just GET THE GODDAMN GAMES!!! ;) Guess you can't satisfy everyone! :rolleyes: