Has anyone noticed. . .

Yer damn right Im a n00b...my copy of CMBB just arrived today!!! smile.gif I cant wait to go home and get the demo off my HD and the full version on! So much for the HTML work I was gonna get done tonight...

by the way, how DO you get the health bars to show up over the units? ;)

[ October 29, 2002, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Kinjari ]

Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

. . .that there are about 40 billion newbies in here since CMBBs release?!! :mad: :rolleyes:;)

Oh get off it. Low member numbers do not wisdom impart, as evidenced by the above post.

New players => More Sales => More Revenue for BFC => More cool games like this.

Being a butthe@d to new players => Fewer referrals to friends => fewer sales => FEWER cool games like this.

So ease off, NOOB!

[ October 29, 2002, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Leftwing66 ]

Plus the better respect that us n00bs are given, the more likely we are to GIVE constructive comments on strategy and findings, also we would be more likely to WANT to carry out beta testing and modding for the benefit of others on this forum.

If us new people to the forum are given negative comments, then there just will be nothing to gain, but plenty to lose!!!

AND HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYY WHY DONT THE UNITS HAVE THOSE LIKE FUNNY VOICES THAT GO "YES SIR" WHEN YOU CLICK ON THEM <HILLYBILLY GULP> ;)

Switch_back

You guys are all nuts!! :D

For those who took my thread the wrong way: I know I am still somewhat a noob on the forums (even though I've been with CM almost the whole time), I know that member numbers mean jack squat, and this thread was meant in good fun (as it has turned out to be). ;)

[ October 29, 2002, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Hi Everyone, I'm 16 and mostly play America's Army, which gets me excited to enlist in the real Army someday!

I was wondering why I can't upgrade my units? I have these great tanks that I can move to these giant flags, but then nothing happens. I was thinking the "Storm Tiger" must upgrade to a "Storm Lion" or another cool predator cat name.

Also, I can't seem to do anything while things are moving. LIke, there will be guys shootin but i can't tell them what to do, even when I hit "GO" they don't move. Even the 3133T!

And how can I set a unit to be a harvester? Can I harvest the scrap metal when a tank is "knocked out?" (LOL, that's funny, sounds like boxing).

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Pack Kuma:

Hi Everyone, I'm 16 and mostly play America's Army, which gets me excited to enlist in the real Army someday!

That's funny. :D Really. :D I mean no disrespect fellow CM'er, but before you enlist, please be careful of what branch and what job you decide to do. The military is not a big Die Hard movie or Quake III match. ;) To explain, let me quote a short letter to PC GAMER sent in from a guy in the army:

"As a member of the United States Army, I want to know if the 'America's Army' game can simulate sweeping the motor pool or mowing the grass, possibly picking up the garbage around the post. How about trying to stay awake while you stare at the same screen for twelve hours? Call it 'Guard Duty' simulation mode. These are the things I've done week in and week out for two years. I want a game that pits my weed-whacking skills against another soldiers' online! If the Army could glamorize these facets of 'Army Life,' they'd have an honest recruiting tool."

-SPC Name Withheld

Do not get me wrong. It is a great and honorable thing to serve your fellow citizens with military service. Just don't let the recriuter make you think you're going to be in Top Gun part 2. ;)

[ October 30, 2002, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]

Actually, gotcha Jester.

I'm not 16, I'm 29, and my post was supposed to be funny. However, I've actually been lurking this board for about 2 years now and have just about every mod for CMBO that ever came out (or at least those that MadMatt posted, even the Hamstertruppen. (Question: why do wargamers seem to like hamsters? I've got 6).

I *do* play America's Army, though, and even did some ROTC in college...but they scared me away.

I think your point about the Army not being like a Die Hard movie is very valid, though, and in the interest of realism the next patch should probably include a "latrine digging detail" map.

;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well, click on the "welcome newest member" link and check the guy's membership number. We celebrated the 8000th (or was it 9000th) when Gyrene made a big deal about it, and that was before the release of CMBB. Maybe 1000 or so?

Don't forget a good percentage of our membership was Maximus in his various guises! ;) I think many regulars here have more than one account - Major Tom/Kirby et al. Some people post from work, for example, and couldn't remember their log in, etc., so just created a new one.

It was #8000 back a few months, then we had #10000 roll around (Wherefore art thou Superhero?) so we've picked up 794 new members since Sept 17.

794 members in 43 days...At this pace we'll get over 6700 new members in one year.

Can you imagine member #17000?

Hell, by then even Vader's won't be a noob anymore ;)

Gyrene

Originally posted by Lumbergh:

...can someone explain to me the obsession with all things German these people tend to exhibit? I for one find it a tad disturbing.

I think it was because certain forms of psychoses that were to become increasingly symptomatic of the 20th. century (and after) first manifested in a dramatic fashion in the Third Reich. Those who suffer from similar psychotic patterns of cognitive and moral dislocation naturally look back on the Third Reich as comprising their spiritual wellsprings.

And the snappy uniforms. (Although I personally prefer Napoleonic France.)

Michael

Originally posted by Pack Kuma:

(Question: why do wargamers seem to like hamsters? I've got 6).

That's the perfect number for making shish kabob. Delicious, aren't they?

:D

I think your point about the Army not being like a Die Hard movie is very valid, though, and in the interest of realism the next patch should probably include a "latrine digging detail" map.
As well as one of the player trying to stuff his guts back into the hole just made by a 23mm explosive shell.

Michael

[ November 02, 2002, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Michael emrys ]