Dcember CMBB rewiev in PCZONE

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

As for a 40 minute install, the guy sounds like an utter twit. Took me about 10 minutes - wonder what kind of crappy-ass low end system he's using.

Ah yes, I remember back in the dark ages where the more enlightened personages around here had that same problem? (bad compact diskages)

As for the rest of the review, I can understand his point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.

Hmm, second glance "X Interface still rather clumsy" ...can't even understand that part.

Are you guys really made because he didn't like the shockwaves from CMBO?

As for a 40 minute install, the guy sounds like an utter twit. Took me about 10 minutes - wonder what kind of crappy-ass low end system he's using.

Ah yes, I remember back in the dark ages where the more enlightened personages around here had that same problem? (bad compact diskages)

As for the rest of the review, I can understand his point of view. I don't agree with it, but I can understand it.

Hmm, second glance "X Interface still rather clumsy" ...can't even understand that part.

Are you guys really made because he didn't like the shockwaves from CMBO?

:rolleyes:

Too bad the reviewer didn't play CMBO, he might have understood where the improvements lie - MGs, etc.

Wasn't a MAC was it? ;)

I was suprised too. 10 minutes for me to install. I have CDV version of the game(unfortunatly with PDF manual on it)

:rolleyes:

Too bad the reviewer didn't play CMBO, he might have understood where the improvements lie - MGs, etc.

Wasn't a MAC was it? ;)

I was suprised too. 10 minutes for me to install. I have CDV version of the game(unfortunatly with PDF manual on it)

Interface could be better.

As few examples...

Mouse wheel to adjust camera elevation.

Unautoresetting camera angles would be ok too.

Pictures tell quite much of game. So I don't wonder why they were used.

[ December 14, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

Interface could be better.

As few examples...

Mouse wheel to adjust camera elevation.

Unautoresetting camera angles would be ok too.

Pictures tell quite much of game. So I don't wonder why they were used.

[ December 14, 2002, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: illo ]

I agree about the mousewheel. No sense in not making use of it. Also, more and more people (in both the pc and mac worlds) have mice with multiple buttons. It would be nice to be able to make use of them.

Otherwise, I finally got my copy of CMBB and am loving every minute of it. Improvements are in all the right places, and the AI Germans are presenting a real challenge.

I agree about the mousewheel. No sense in not making use of it. Also, more and more people (in both the pc and mac worlds) have mice with multiple buttons. It would be nice to be able to make use of them.

Otherwise, I finally got my copy of CMBB and am loving every minute of it. Improvements are in all the right places, and the AI Germans are presenting a real challenge.

I find it hard to take any magazine that scored Steel Beasts at 23% remotely seriously.. :rolleyes: I doubt they have anyone on staff who has a clue about wargames, or indeed serious simulation software.

It's a kiddie rag, with reviewers catering to a kiddie audience. Get PC Gamer instead.

[ December 14, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

I find it hard to take any magazine that scored Steel Beasts at 23% remotely seriously.. :rolleyes: I doubt they have anyone on staff who has a clue about wargames, or indeed serious simulation software.

It's a kiddie rag, with reviewers catering to a kiddie audience. Get PC Gamer instead.

[ December 14, 2002, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Hertston ]

Originally posted by Hertston:

I find it hard to take any magazine that scored Steel Beasts at 23% remotely seriously.. :rolleyes:

I didn't play Steel Beasts but they said one thing about it, that ''Running around your backyard with an old bit of pipe''-is much better.

'' Actually far more realistic than Steel Beasts and a lot more fun, although it'll make you dizzy after a while.'' :D

Originally posted by Hertston:

I find it hard to take any magazine that scored Steel Beasts at 23% remotely seriously.. :rolleyes:

I didn't play Steel Beasts but they said one thing about it, that ''Running around your backyard with an old bit of pipe''-is much better.

'' Actually far more realistic than Steel Beasts and a lot more fun, although it'll make you dizzy after a while.'' :D