Does anyone else love the new death clock?

I love the new death clock so much better than knowing instantly what is happening with my targeted tank. Your tanks/guns just keep putting more and more rounds into the tank, and you sit there and hope that every new penetration could be the 'one'! I have seen the delay be up to 2 minutes before!!!!

Chad whos still praising BTS on the best game ever!

Originally posted by Phoenix:

Where on earth is this "death clock" people keep talking about???? Does it appear on the screen?

No. It's a feature where a tank or gun will keep shooting at a knocked out vehicle until they see confirmation that it is destroyed (on fire, crew bails out, etc.).

I've seen it once in the tutorial and it is a very nice feature that adds some more realism. My T-34 got KO'ed by that "pea-shooter" 37mm AT gun. That thing shoots fast and hit my T-34 at least twice more while the crew was bailing out. Once the crew bailed, they proceeded to target and destroy the other T-34 rather quickly.

Heh, it got me the other way around. I was playing the tutorial as the Germans. I penetrated a T-34s turret, and it didn't move or shoot for the rest of the turn, but the gun kept firing at it. I figured "ahh, the death clock" so, at the next orders phase, I targeted the other one.

Well, about half way through the next turn, the first T-34 comes back to life, and blasts my gun with one shot. Turns out it was only shocked from a crew casuality.

Very cool feature...

Ben

I love it all. Death clock, cover arc, cover armor, hull down, shoot and scoot, advance, assault, human wave, new sneak, contact, trees moving in the wind, command control, etc. etc. etc.

Great improvement on a great game. And on the Russian front, too. Doesn't get any better than this smile.gif

A 37mm made numerous penetrations on my T-34, without meaningful effect. They kept trying, though, I'll give them that. Eventually, they got a turret penetration that convinced the crew that they'd better bail out. Problem was, apparently, that they had to get their TC out. I would guess he was in pretty bad shape, because the crew took about 2.5 minutes to bail out (unlike in CMBO). In the meantime, I imagine that the 37mm would have kept on shooting at them, if the rest of the platoon hadn't taken them out already.

Is this how the death clock looks to everyone on the receiving end?

I worried if the death clock would be just a meaningless nonworking "feature". But heck no, this is cool!

I love the death clock as I see the opponent sinking lead into scrap metal :D (Although I hate my gunners do the same. But wait, maybe that tank over there is just shocked, better to let it have yet another AP... :cool: )

/kuma

The "death clock" (sounds a tag odd to my taste) brings all the wonderful memories of the old "M1 Tank Platoon II". When I killed a soft-skinned AFV like BMP-2 with a SABOT, it just stopped. So I usually reassure myself by sending a HEAP round which usually ends up with a shower of sparks or explosion.

Great game!