Yet another Grass mod

It's probably a hi-res. It's the stock tiles (of course) with an Alien Skin Splat! resurface (putting green I think?) and added shadows of a med. gray.

19mb is the filesize.

The tiles for CMBB are twice the size as those in CMBO, and there's about twice as many. These could be resized and converted to CMBO without too much trouble I would think. Actually, I was going after the "Normandy Grass mod" from CMBO with the lighter color, so you might hunt for that one for CMBO.

Nice one. I like the subdued look but am not to keen when they get too dark/dull. I might well load this once new PC arrives. Didn't think I'd mod terrain for a while because I think CMBB is quite good as it is but I like this (and Tiger's).

Thanks Gary, Louie & Apache. Another screenshot posted. I'll try working up a low-res (or lighter version) over the weekend.

Does kinda have that fairway look to it I guess?

GJK_Light_Grass_Textured_Screenshot2.jpg

Also....has anybody put together a list of terrain tiles for CMBB yet? Trying to find the ones that make the dirt road, to add the strip of grass down the middle ala the Magua Normandy mod for CMBO.

smile.gif

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Yeah, okay, now I like this. Not too shaded, nice elevation textures. Nice job. Is that OJ on the back nine there? :D

Yes, he's actively looking for the "real" killer(s), who obviously must be Lee Trevino and Jack Nicklaus since he's at the golf course so much...

Think that was a Paul Harvey quote.... :D

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Hey GJK, why no 1589.bmp file? Splain, me no understand.

Yes, it's been brought to my attention (thanks Bruno) that I somehow left 1589 out of the zip. I will post that as a standalone zip on my site later tonight when I'm released from my daily imprisionment... :D

Also, if you want me to email it to you directly, send an email to cmbb@garykrockover.com (yes, that's what I said, cmbb@..) and I'll get it to you.

Gary

The 1589.bmp has been uploaded to the site in case you grabbed this mod and found you were missing it. Just grab 1589.zip.

The full zip (GJK_Light_Grass_Textured.zip) now contains the 1589.bmp file for those that haven't grabbed it yet and were interested.

GJK_Light_Grass_Textured_Screenshot3.jpg

Gary,

I DL'd the grass and I REALLLLLLY like the effect from level 3 or greater, but close in, it has almost a skin-like appearance and is a little too bright overall. Obviously, a purely personal opinion, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Originally posted by Agua:

Gary,

I DL'd the grass and I REALLLLLLY like the effect from level 3 or greater, but close in, it has almost a skin-like appearance and is a little too bright overall. Obviously, a purely personal opinion, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Thanks, all opinions and suggestions welcomed. Just above your post is a close up and obviously a dusk time shot. I believe I see what you mean, though not sure how I'd fix that...suggestions welcomed as I said!

Ok, I think a little gaussian blur cured that issue. I'll upload this shortly as GJK_Light_Grass_2.zip unless someone thinks it could use more blur?

GJK_Light_Grass_2_screenshot1.jpg

GJK_Light_Grass_2_screenshot2.jpg

GJK_Light_Grass_2_screenshot3.jpg

[ October 03, 2002, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: GJK ]

Thanks all. The guassian blur really helped it in the close up views for anyone else doing grass mods. Thanks to Agua for pointing that out.

I was mistaken in my texture that I used in Splat! (photoshop filter). It wasn't putting green, the natural choice but didn't look too good. It's actually "plush carpet".

I might play some of the other textures this weekend and see what else I can come up with.

GJK, make sure you test your grass at night, dawn and dusk and in different weather conditions.

From the experimenting i did I found that using a blur often caused banding or pixelation during low light conditions becuase the CM engine is 16 bit.

Not sure if it will in this case though, but worth a look. smile.gif

Dan