Anyone in Australia want to sell?

S'dog: Aussies only want to spout revisionist history and pillory Americans. I am sure that playing CMBO is not a high priority for them. They much prefer tedious discussions based on faulty premises and ad hominem attacks. L

Atten: REVS

It was never about paying the full price, I would have gladly paid the A$100 for a second hand copy, was I was trying to avoid was waiting the 4 weeks delivery time. So get your facts straight before you start criticizing and calling me a Cheapskate!

I also don’t appreciate using me to preach how morale and wonderful you are and trying to make me look like an evil person for simply asking if anyone would like to sell there CM.

But thanks to the rest of you who tried to help and gave advice.

Cheers,

Slydog

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

After that it was Operation Flashpoint for me, which I "completed" (=both campaigns) on Sunday.

Hmmmm....( I'm Mac user ;) )

----------------------

On Sunday! Let me think............

------------------------------------

And.. hmmmmmm.. who wants to live forever ;)

[ March 26, 2002, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Ales Dvorak ]

Originally posted by arax3:

S'dog: Aussies only want to spout revisionist history and pillory Americans. I am sure that playing CMBO is not a high priority for them. They much prefer tedious discussions based on faulty premises and ad hominem attacks.

i) Slydog is an Aussie himself, but it appears he has yet to conform to your (mis)perception;

ii) What does this have to do with Slydog's request?

Mace

[ March 27, 2002, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

S'dog: Aussies only want to spout revisionist history and pillory Americans. I am sure that playing CMBO is not a high priority for them. They much prefer tedious discussions based on faulty premises and ad hominem attacks. L

Don't bring your punk outer boards problems here mate.

Hi again,

Yes Cos i have ordered it, can't wait to play it. When i get a few battles under my belt i'll head over to your site (great website btw) and challenge a few of you. But i have alot to learn so it may be a while.

See you on the battle field Cos

Cheers,

Sly

Turn it up, ya drongo. That was three specifically named individuals, who in part were doing exactly what you just did. Here's two bob, go buy yourself a clue.

OGSF

Originally posted by OGSF:

Turn it up, ya drongo. That was three specifically named individuals, who in part were doing exactly what you just did. Here's two bob, go buy yourself a clue.

OGSF

Crikey, I find it somewhat disturbing when I understand everything you write, OGSF!

Mace

OSGF and Mace: What is a "drongo?" I think you just proved my point exactly. If the boot fits - wear it! L. PS: Take your "two-bob" and buy yourself a good history book or two. L

And what point would that be? That you insulted all the Australians who post on the board because you don't like a couple of them? What OSGF pointed out (obvious to everyone but you apparently) was just that. Loosen the sphincter muscle a little buddy.

Arax3,

Your commentary fits three or four Australians out of what, 500 on this board? If you had restricted your comments to a smaller group and made sure that Sly is not included in your definition, I would just say you were bringing up something in the wrong place -- that conversation is in the General Forum.

As a good friend of mine says, who happens to be from the Ukraine, said, you will never meet a nicer group of people than Australians, but when they go loopy they do it in style. I think you should apologize to the rest of the Australians on this forum for taking the personality failings of a small number of people from thier country and extending it to the the group as a whole.

Think of it this way. Two weeks ago a black man jammed three of my fingers on my hand in. My typing is effected (hit way more keys than I normally intend to leading to scoldings by net spelling gurus and slow typing speed) and it really hurt. Plus it pissed me off on general principal. But I do not go out immediately and start blaming every person of color who I meet on the streets. I blame one man for one man's failings, not the nationality, race, religion, or gender which he belongs.

Sly-- If money is no object, have someone in the USA buy the disk and overnight it to you. You may shave a week off the normal time.

You are correct in my generalized characterization of all Aussies. I think Australia is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people. I sincerely apologize for painting the whole lot when I only was referring to a small number. Please acccept my humble apology. I should have known better than to do that. Sorry!

You are correct in my generalized characterization of all Aussies. I think Australia is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people. I sincerely apologize for painting the whole lot when I only was referring to a small number. Please acccept my humble apology. I should have known better than to do that. Sorry!

[ March 28, 2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: arax3 ]

I think Arax that your apology was hansome and I hope that it is accepted by all. I know you lowered my blood pressure a few points.

A nice thing I have found about Aussies, the majority of non-loopy ones are forgiving and very easy to deal with. Must be the comfort of knowing the Paul Hogan was born in Australia but Mel Gibson was born in New York.

Bugger it, arax3! I just finished a wonderful reply only to find you've done the right thing after all. Thanks.

I think you owe me a setup though....Qb, 1000 points, attack or defend, your choice. :^)

OGSF

[ March 28, 2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: OGSF ]

That’s it! You write this gracious apology after I send up a rather (perhaps too) sharp post? You just made me feel bad (sob). I demand satisfaction! Quick Battle at 100 paces.

Originally posted by Marlow:

[QBThat’s it! You write this gracious apology after I send up a rather (perhaps too) sharp post? You just made me feel bad (sob). I demand satisfaction! Quick Battle at 100 paces.[/QB]

Ain tha firrrst place, Ah failt bad afore yoo, Jimmy! An ain tha second place, where's mah turrrn ye skulkin' bottom feeder? Ah cannae e'en rrremember wha tha stanki' map looks leek!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

Ga damn Arax! How did you get a couple of bottom feeders like Marlow and OGSF to feel sorry for you? In two years I have only been able to get amused contempt out of the two even when I had tubes up my nose and an expensive machine that goes bing wired up to my bum. It is a complete marvel. Next thing you know Seanachi will be complimenting your posting style and Berli will be offering you a cool drink and a comfy chair by the fire.