Everyone needs to thank Chris Merchant

:(

Sorry..

The only way that could be done is for me to recompress it and the way I have it compressed right now with WinAce it wouldn't be very cool.

To give you an example, the size of the file(s) is actually :

700+ megs !!!!

but Winace registered knocked that sucker down to 250 megs.

Can't ask for better than that.

I'm sure you would rather download one big 250 meg file than several that totals over 700 megs.

[ November 06, 2002, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Gunslinger ]

Well done Chris a.k.a. Piatpunk. I didn't realise you were still interested in the Combat Mission genre but had devoted yourself to Airborne Assault instead. Thanks for helping out Gunslinger whom I'm a big fan of due to the wonderful job he did with the original Combat Mission game via his initial ground breaking mods. He set the standard for other full game mod artists to follow IMHO.

Regards

Jim R.

Hehe working for a business class ISP has its rewards sometimes, and I would certainly like to help out with getting Gunslinger's mod out to everyone - his original for CMBO was a class act, no doubt.

File is still transferring at the moment, and I have to sleep at some point, and then I'll get it set up on one of our unix servers. Hopefully about 24 hrs away if all goes to plan.

Cheers, Chris

Shouldn't be too much longer but we have to make a couple of config changes so the server doesn't freak out when people start sucking - given that it's not a business priority, I'd say we're still looking at another day or so before the link is announced.

edit: sorry guys, make that next week some time, the engineer I am co-ordinating with has been called away interstate for a couple of days.

Cheers, Chris

[ November 07, 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: PIATpunk ]