When will there be a BFC / CM Convention ?

This is an interesting idea

Maybe for next summer?

This summer is too late and they are too busy for sure!

Maybe there could be meetings and seminars and of course head to head gaming and a few tournements.

If it was held in Canada it would be ALOT cheaper for the American's to come here? smile.gif

A CMBB convention some time after the release would be very interesting!

-tom w

Err, so I guess having it here in South Africa is out of the question; maybe if I sponsor this convention with wine - will anybody come? Or will beer be the ticket to get all here on the sunshine continent?

Originally posted by Randl:

Hey, have it around Ft. Knox or Louisville, KY! That way it would close enough that I could go smile.gif

In fact it is time to get back to the Patton Museum as it is. The bi-annual pilgrimage you know :D

Ditto! Midwest would be great. Cincy is not far from Patton Museum (or me). Gee....doesn't MadMatt live in Cincy. Hrmmm?

I have access to a top notch private German club in Cincy with a full bar and biergarten.

Go Midwest!!

-Sarge

Originally posted by Simon Elwen:

Meeting loads of likeminded people to play CM in real life , the BFC crew , etc would be a lot of fun .

We had a present for you under the tree at the BTS Christmas Party but you never even bothered to show up. How do we know you would turn up to a reunion if we held one?

Originally posted by WineCape:

Err, so I guess having it here in South Africa is out of the question; maybe if I sponsor this convention with wine - will anybody come? Or will beer be the ticket to get all here on the sunshine continent?

That’s about equally far for everybody, I’ll go.

How would I go about getting a bottle of your vino here in the Minneapolis area if I can’t make it?

I don’t recall seeing it at Surdyk’s.

Wow, good idea. I can almost see it. Hundreds of guys sitting around wipping out military reference books and discussing the penetration capabilities of the 76mm AP round against a the Panther's lower hull at an oblique angle of 20.5 degrees from a range of 250m.

I've got two questions:

1. Where do I sign up for this?

2. How much?

3. When & where?

okay, three questions.

Well I'm against it.

I think we should meet simultaneously at bars in small groups around the country. No one should be allowed to be in a uniform unless of course they are currently in the service. No military paraphenalia allowed inside, but one may arrive at the designated meeting places in military vehicles. During breaks in the action (of course we would be playing against the other CMers who would be meeting simultaneously in other bars across the country)we could check out each other's rides.

Just my way of keeping it from turning into a

Trekkie Convention.

Agoraphobic Toad

Originally posted by Randl:

Hey, have it around Ft. Knox or Louisville, KY! That way it would close enough that I could go smile.gif

In fact it is time to get back to the Patton Museum as it is. The bi-annual pilgrimage you know :D

What about in Baltimore, close to the Aberdeen Proving Grounds and the Ordnance Museum. I live in Chicago, and I'd be willing to drive 2 days instead of 6 hours for that!