A slight diversion while we wait for CMBB. CMBO meets SL/COI.

Abbott

I found myself not wanting to play CMBO for a few days while suffering from the excitement of the CMBB pre-ordering announcement. That started me thinking of all those many enjoyable hours spent gaming on the eastern front. I have spent the last several days working this up for a diversion and thought of offering it to others in the community.

Brief.

This scenario grew from many enjoyable battles in Avalon Hill’s Cross of Iron game. The battlefield is based on the scenario “Breakout from Borisov. The map has been drawn from memory and is not an exact replica of that scenario but is designed to capture the flavor of the setup.

This battle has been heavily play tested and offers a tough fight. It is designed to be DIFFICULT to win from the Allied side. Having prior knowledge of the setup zones I was able to win a couple tactical victories and two draws! This offering has been modified slightly to help balance the “prior knowledge factor”. It offers a stiff fight from the Artificial intelligence. Good luck and enjoy!

The battle is available Here or by mailing ab1@sbcglobal.net

snap_1.JPG

Nice map Abbott, gotta give it a try!

And Kerry, so that's what you're doing waiting for CMBB! ;)

Still got one PBEM to finnish, then it'll be the russian front for quite some time I guess.

BTW I think our last battle was a nice finish for CMBO. KingTigers and Pershings! :D

And yes, I'm still nagging with that KT gunner that couldn't hit the broadside of the Sherm from point-blank range...

Originally posted by Terence:

what grass are you using?

I am breaking in a new computer system (P4 2.26) and suffering from the XP blues. This has caused me to format my C drive twice in as many weeks and I am in need of it again. XP and Sun Micro Systems Java engine seems to be having difficulty running together.

For this reason CMBO remains mostly un-moded on my system as of late, other then Deanco’s clipboard (essential) I have been running very few mods. I believe the grass is the stock CMBO variety.

All I can say is...WOW! Talk about fun! It's been so long since I've played SL/COI that I've even forgotten this scenario, which makes it even scarier when those German **spoiler deleted** show up.

Thanks for the diversion. It's been an exciting 'final' CMBO battle. Now bring on the REAL Russkies!

-Johnnymo

Just wanted to say thanks for a great scenario. I've played it over the last 3 evenings and it was a blast. Tough too. I salvaged a tactical victory, but had to work hard to the very end to get it.

If CMBB hasn't shown up in your mailbox yet, fire up CMBO and give this one a ride.

Kevin

Guest SnarkerII

Exellent battle! Tough fight from the AI with a very determined defensive stand. Managed a minor Allied victory, but it was one I had to work hard for.

Well laid out map and it is apparent some serious thought went into this effort from beginning to end.

This is a "must have". :cool: