CMBO vs CMBB demo - poor scenarios

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts.

I consider both demo scenarios to be challenging and good show cases for some of the new features in CM:BB. They have given me the opportunity to start learning the new way of playing.

There are very few scenarios in CM:BO I have played more than twice, a handful maybe in over two years. So why should I worry about the demos not having a replayability of more than a couple of times?

Steve has explained his objectives in putting the scenarios together. I reckon he met them.

CM:BO was/is a war gamer's dream to me. Absolutely brilliant. If I were discovering CM:BB for the first time, without knowing about CM:BO, I would think the same. Revolutionary and not another game to touch it in it's genre. I would buy it without hesitation. The thought would be, as it was with CM:BO, - "If the demo can do *that*, the full game must totally rock!" And I wouldn't be wrong.

If you didn't enjoy the demo, fine. I bet you buy the full game anyway. If you don't, maybe you'll stop whining on this board as well.

If you think you understand how to market this game better than BFC, who have a proven successful track record, submit your resume and ask them for a job. Your "free advice" is probably worth what BFC are paying for it.

If you think you are "voicing the customer's concerns" with the criticisms, you are not voicing mine.

And am I a BFC sycophant? Of course I am, if you manage to come up with a better war game than BFC, I'll be your sycophant as well. BFC have always listened to their customer base, in my observation. They respond to issues raised on the board, and issue patches to address the ones deemed appropriate. If your concern is not immediately patched / agreed with / hailed as a break-through in computerized war gaming then perhaps it's simply because you or your concern suck. To whine about it continously for ever after would tend to confirm that possibility.

To take something offered freely, and then pick the crap out of it, is known as "looking a gift horse in the mouth". IMO is poor etiquette and boarish. Hands up anyone who paid for the demo, or helped to make it.

It doesn't matter if you suck at this game and can't win the demo scenarios. You'll be able to fix that in the full game with your play balance settings. It will be alright. Really.

I have no doubt the Scenarios show of CC:BB new features, but they don't offer the same "fairness" when facing off in PBEM. Demos are a marketing tool... I still think Chance Encounter is the BEST secenario I've played via PBEM (Yes, I bought CC:BO and played some of them also). Getting THRASHED in PBEM in the demo isn't my idea of enjoying a demo...even if I'm doing the thrashing. Chance Encounter was very evenally balanced.