Wagner intro music

That would be me. Might be someone else out there who did this as well.

I do have a full release version. It is in MP3 format, zipped and is about 4.5MB. You will need to convert it back to a WAV (16-bit Stereo, 44000kHz format).

Posted here. Enjoy.

Keith

[ October 28, 2002, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Rex,

Would that be Sigfried's Funeral March from Gotterdammerung? If so, yes I have that one as well. It's a pretty good version (at least I think it is) and I agree, one of if not the best piece of Wagner.

Let me know if I've got it right and I'll upload that one as well.

Keith

At a mere 85mb (unpacked) I know have 8 mins of the most beautiful and haunting classical music to go with my fave game.

Thanks a million Sitzkreig. I get the feeling my TCP opponents are going to be waiting - oh around 8 mins or so - while I pick my forces from now on.

Little do they know it will be 4 mins picking forces and 4 mins remembering the scene in Excalibur where Arthur's body is carried over to Avalon...

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Thanks a million Sitzkreig.

No problem.

...the scene in Excalibur...

That was were I first heard this song as well. It plays again and again throughout the movie. Little did I know how fitting it was. Great movie.

BTW, I was thinking about switching between "Gotterdammerung" for the final battles and "Valkyries" for Barbarossa up to right after Kursk. Seems the music would be very fitting, especially for the German player.

For the Soviets, I've got a couple of ideas for tunes that might work. The Soviet National Anthem and the opening soundtrack from "The Hunt for Red October". I used to have that one but lost it in a hard drive crash. :( I'm sure a couple of minutes on Kazaa would yield results. ;)

Also, Philippe had the "Sound of Music" CMMOS mod for CM:BO. At least the German songs would still apply and I could add these new classical tunes.

Sounds like a job for CMMOS! ;)

EDIT: Some other tune possibilities would be an exerpt from the 1812 Overture for the Soviets, the "Battle" music from the movie Gladiator (either side) and Mars by Holst (either side).

Keith

[ October 28, 2002, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

Yeah, I got enthralled by the "Hunt for Red October" theme when I got IL-2 Sturmovik. It is perfect for getting into the East Front mood, whether you are playing German or Russkie. I got from good guys on the web in MP3, but I couldn't get the correct quality levels for CMBB.

So I did the "unthinkable" and actually went to the local Borders bookstore and BOUGHT it on the "Red October" soundtrack album. About $12. Much faster, easier, and better than endless downloading from the internet at lesser quality. Plus I have all the music on the album to use if I want.

The album tracks are at the perfect quality settings for CMBB, so all I did was convert them with a free utility. CDex was the one I used. No problems and excellent results.

Give it a try. Buying the CD is a good way to get what you want quickly. Not only that, but it's perfectly legal. To me, the music is worth the cost and less hassle than trying to convert web files (which I originally tried to do).

Lawyer,

I wasted a lot of time trying to download good copies of individual songs I wanted. I finally gave up and ordered the CDs from amazon.com or bought them at a store. The soundtrack to Gladiator was one I picked up because of "The Battle" but there is much more on the disc that made it worthwhile. I also bought several CDs with Wagner and Mozart to get a good collection of their best works.

I just don't like buying a whole CD for one or two songs I want all of the time. Gets a bit expensive.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

jd,

Nope. I had to take them down. I'll see if I can get them posted back up this afternoon. Again, this will be temporary.

I'll forward these on to the CM Mod Database for a permanent home until I find some time to work on an East Front version of "The Sound of Music" for CMMOS (Philippe, you out there?). See above posts by me for possible included items.

Keith

I'm using(currently anyway tongue.gif )the SS Totenkopf marching song.It's real easy to pick a song and change it from mp3 to wave.Lot's of freeware/tryware out there to do this with.If anyone knows a good russky marching song,please give me a heads up on where I can find same. smile.gif