Soviet Secret Weapon Revealed

Originally posted by Priest:

So this is the beginning of the Renegade Legion saga. (rare reference anyone get it?)

Renegade Legion...

Good set of tabletop games by I believe FASA. Centurion was the name of the vehicle game they also did a ripoff of the classic Circus Maximus chariot racing game from Avalon Hill.

They used a inovative damage system where every weapon delivered damage in a predefined SHAPE and SIZE and this shape template was laid on top of chart which showed actual armor placement and internal components. A kinitic penetrator round was narrow but long while a shaped charge was wide but not too deep.

You rolled damage location on a chart which gave you the point to place the damage template and then everything covered was destroyed.

Fun game. I believe they also had a fighter version as well but I cant recall the name. I own them all, that much I do remember.

Anything esle? Oh, the reference would be related to the fact that armored vehicles in Renegade Legion were mostly hover powered.

Basically just another knockoff of David Drakes Hammers Slammers.

Madmatt

[ November 05, 2002, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Right, you had to didn't you. Now I have to get dusty digging out some old Dragon magazines to find out how long.

I always thought that that was a great advert. I'll post it in an edit when I find it.

edit: thank God it was in Dragon 137, I have 99% of pre Clan Battletech but it was too out of reach...

Centurion.

'You ride in 250 tonnes of molecularly aligned crystaline titanium, wedded to a ceramic ablative shielding. You carry a 200mm Gauss Cannon, two massive 10 Gigawatt lazer, two SMLM fire and forget anti-tank missiles, a Vulcan IV point defense system, and a medley of other equally lethal armor defeating weapons.

Your vehicle is the ultimate product of 5000 years of armored warfare.

Your life expectancy is less than 2 minutes.'

[ November 05, 2002, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: ScouseJedi ]

It seems that the Germans went for a different approach in this matter. I have seen PzIIIs with underground waypoints in one of my games.

Oh my God! The Germans have reverse engineered the "Zerg Rush"! The Allies are doomed!

Is it just me, or is that a water-skiing pose?

Fritz don't surf!

"If I say this Steppe is safe to surf on! Then it's safe!"

"I love the smell of Ampolut in the morning..."