Helpful US version owner wanted.

Funny, I typed a Madmatt-ish response to this one saying that the bmps are copyrighted, etc., but I thought better and deleted it rather than posting. And soon after, here comes KwazyDog to goad them on. smile.gif

Guy

[edit: Replaced :) with the proper smile.gif ]

[ October 21, 2002, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: GWDWD ]

GWDWD, we dont mind if people want to swap these images around and such, we just can offer it ourselves smile.gif

Personally I think its all been a little blown out of proportion, hehe, as I honestly havent noticed them missing once myself in many many games. That being said though, I can also understand why people would like to change them as its just a matter of swapping some BMP's over and different things concern different people. smile.gif

Dan

Well, KwazyDog, since you're in one of those moods, perhaps you can tell me how to hex edit the game so that the Panthers have a 175 mm gun... ;)

Guy

[Edit: oops, need to put the wink in, else someone might take me seriously!]

[ October 11, 2002, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: GWDWD ]

Originally posted by GWDWD:

[Edit: oops, need to put the wink in, else someone might take me seriously!]

It is just this sort of idiocy that makes the Peng Challenge Thread an outpost of sanity, intelligence, and wisdom in this otherwise depressing world.

Any civilization that needs both instructions on boxes of toothpicks and smilies for communication is simply beyond hope.

I weep for the future.

Steve

Take a look at the bmps yourself. The ones he asked for are only the Finnish vehicle pieces that included the Finnish swastika. Bit of overkill on CDVs part taking those out as well, if you ask me (which, of course, no one did ;) ). But then I don't make the rules.

Seems a totally reasonable request from Illo to me.

Regards

JonS

It'd be really good thing if some friendly soul would put those differing BMPs to web page for download. I like authentic looks, even though I understand the legal reason in Germany. I hope that BTS would allow that. Finnish vehicles should have those, since they were quite large for identification purposes.

Cheers,

M.S.

Originally posted by Sardaukar:

It'd be really good thing if some friendly soul would put those differing BMPs to web page for download. I like authentic looks, even though I understand the legal reason in Germany. I hope that BTS would allow that. Finnish vehicles should have those, since they were quite large for identification purposes.

Cheers,

M.S.

It's on mine (or will be soon). Now famously named the "ILLO_BMPS". :D

Originally posted by illo:

Btw.

Is someone going to mod menu insignias?

Menu Mod with balkenkreuz, SS runes, Finnish swastika etc. would be most welcome. smile.gif

I hope so. It was the last thing on my un-sanitisation list (except for the uniform insignia, which might take a while), but I can't find those bitmaps in the bmp directory. I went through twice, and I don't think I missed them.