Any pictures of Italian infantry or tanks out there?

Hi everybody,

the demo is simply GREAT. The best wargame I've ever played.

I was wondering if you could post some screens of some Italian infantry, or an anti-tank guns, or a little L.3 tank etc.

Will we see different kinds of Italian infantry, as Alpini, Bersaglieri and normal Inf?

Will they have their real-life plume helmets and Alpini hats??

MadMatt, a bone?

[ September 03, 2002, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: audace ]

Shameless bumping...

Thx Panzer Leader.

I must repeat though, to be honest, that that mod was made using an already good front-side-rear picture of that Panther. The work I did wasn't too much. I should say that.

Matt?

Still no pictures or answers though... :(

Any info or screens ?

That's ok, I'll have to wait some more days then.

In the meantime I'll show some pictures of Italian troops in Russia.

Pattuglia_Bersaglieri_in_campo_Ucraina.JPG

Bersaglieri

Conquista_di_Stalino.JPG

Fighting in Stalino

Rastrellamento_in_un_villaggio.JPG

Mopping up

Cannoni_anticarro_in_avanposto.JPG

47/32 Mod.35 anti-tank gun

MitralieriItDon.jpg

MG in the Don

MitrItRussia.jpg

Breda 37

Pezzo47mmDon.jpg

Alpini's 47mm antitank gun in action

[ September 10, 2002, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: audace ]

If anyone here has played Panzer Elite and used some of their mods, they have a North Africa mod that has a nice rendition of an M14/41 and a Sermonvente<sp?> 75/18<?>. The latter was a lot like the early StuGs, more of an assault gun than a tank or tank destroyer.

Salve, Audace-

My great uncle was an Italian Army general who, when I was a kid in the 50's, got me a front seat for the big annual Italian military parade in Rome which is led off by the Bersaglieri band running by playing La Fanfara dei Bersaglieri...(my grand-dad was an Italian WWI era military band leader BTW).

A big, big thrill, still gives me goosebumps when I see them or hear the music.

Corragio!

Audace,

Great pictures! The top one of Bersaglieri in combat helmets was a real first for me. Previously, all I'd ever seen were Bersaglieri in North Africa sporting befeathered pith helmets. The 47mm ATG would be loads of fun to shoot, since it lacks a shield when those annoyed return fire, but presumably would be easer to move, for the same reason. Some of the Italian weapons probably functioned better in Russia, at least part of the time, than they did in North Africa, too. I recall one MG which had oiled cartridge casings. Very jam prone in sand! If you keep hammering away on the Italians I'll have to revisit AH's Up Front module, my Tobruk game, and WEST OF ALAMEIN, a book which has lots of photos of Italian armor and weaponry.

Regards,

John Kettler

Cool site Poobear, the box art is really cool.

The Breda 30 LMG in the foreground is very nice.

vondeath: yeah, I have that mod, and it's really interesting. The M14 and the Semovente are very well done indeed.

Gunnergoz: really?? What branch did he serve into?

My grandpa fought in Tunisia during WW2, in the "Superga" Infantry Division ( it was tasked to take Malta before ).

His brother (Leutenent) fought in Greece and JUgoslavia.

Yes, when the Bersaglieri pass by, it's really thrilling. I once had site where you can download all the Italian military marches, but forgot it.

If I'll find it again, I'll post it here.

Hi John: yes, the 47 will be really fun to shoot with I guess!

I've always liked that weapon, (as any small caliber anti tank gun or artillery).

It couldn't pierce a Matilda or a Valentine in the desert, but it was still a good gun.

It even had Hollow charge shells, but they weren't that effective (too small caliber for such a round).

MGs were kinda bad; almost every MG type had a problem.

Breda 30s were too complicated, they jammed too often.

Fiat Mod.35 were belt-fed but it was another bad weapon. Prone to jamming too.

Breda 37 were the best of the lot, but still a top-weight MG for its time. And it could only fire magazines of 20 rounds each and its ROW wasn't that fast.

I think that the only weapons used during WW2 that we can be proud of ,are:

MAB Beretta 38 SMG and the Beretta 34 pistol.

Breda 30

Breda_30.jpg

Taken from http://www.stormpages.com/garyjkennedy/Weapons/infantry_weapons_of_world_war_tw.htm

[ September 13, 2002, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: audace ]

Since it looks like I have to wait for another month or so for CDV to release the game here in Italy, I add some pictures of Italian troops fighting in the Greek Campaign.

They were taken from "Immagini della Seconda Guerra Mondiale - La Campagna Italo-Greca (1940-1941)" (good pictorial book, with around 350+ photos of the Greek campaign".

I still have to buy the North African version though.

Hope you enjoy them.

fd45da26.jpg.orig.jpg

Breda 37 HMG in action

fd45da24.jpg.orig.jpg

Grenadiers waiting to resume the advance in March-April 1941

fd45da21.jpg.orig.jpg

Italian and German troops together in the Albania-Jugoslavia border

fd45da1d.jpg.orig.jpg

A Breda 37 team under shelling, firing on enemy troops

fd45da19.jpg.orig.jpg

A Greek shell lands near an infantry section ready for the assault

fd45da16.jpg.orig.jpg

A Breda 30 (6.5mm cal) section

fd45d8b1.jpg.orig.jpg

A Mortar (Mod.35) team

fd45d8ad.jpg.orig.jpg

Mount. Kudrevica, March 1941. An 81 mortar of the Inf. Div. "Brennero" in action.

[ September 15, 2002, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: audace ]

fd45d8a9.jpg.orig.jpg

Part of a patrol unit, after returning to our lines

fd45d8a5.jpg.orig.jpg

Medium caliber cannon in action (75mm)

fd45d8a2.jpg.orig.jpg

Mali Taronine, Januray 12 1941. Alpini of the "Cividale" battalion, of the 8th Regiment of the crack "Julia" Division in one of the numerous counter-attacks against Hill 1817. Over the edge, there are 3 figures of greek soldiers.

fd45d8a0.jpg.orig.jpg

Bersaglieri advancing with L.3 tanks of the "Centauro" Armoured Div.

fd45d774.jpg.orig.jpg

Erseke, April 18 1941. Some men of the assault troops ("Arditi") of Battalion "Intra"

fd45d769.jpg.orig.jpg

MG team leader of the M.S.V.N., veterans of various campaigns , armed with a Moschetto Mod.91 TS.

[ September 15, 2002, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: audace ]

Audace-

IIRC My Grandfather was a band leader attached to the 92 Regimento Fanteria. I still have his medals somewhere. He fought in WWI in the alps and between the wars he raised his family in Ancona, where my mother was born. I was born post-war in Trieste, an unplanned extension of the Marshall plan, apparently. ;)

BTW, my favorite Italian vehicles are the Fiat autoblindas that did pretty well in the desert. Too bad they won't be in CMBB.

Yeah MikeT,I hope that at least an US gamer can post some pics when the game is released there.

I still have to wait for another month it seems... :(

Trieste is a great city.

A relative (mother side) died in the First world war, in May 1917, just after few months in the trenches.

We went to the big 3rd Army memorial in Redipuglia (near Trieste) last year to see his grave.

Apparently he died just few kms from the memorial.