New (54) map QB Mapset available

Just uploaded at CM Mod Database is my (54) map QB Mapset. The set has also been submitted at Scenario Depot.

The mapset was made from (18) hand-made "master" maps with logical topography and objective areas. Each master was then trimmed to create a Russian attack map, a German attack map, and a meeting engagement map with the same objective area. Maps include:

Marshy lowlands

swampSS.jpg

A fishing town by the sea

FishingSS.jpg

A northern village at the edge of a vast pine forest

SnowySS.jpg

An urban area bisected by a canal

CanalSS.jpg

...and much more.

All ME maps are 800 x 1520 and atk/defense maps are 800 x 1120, and all start areas are located at the QB default end for their side. These maps are suited for play against a human opponent or the AI at about 800-1600 points, or more if desired for the urban maps.

Hope you enjoy them.

- Old Dog

I kindly thank thee for thy effort! Will be another worthy addition to my PBEM QB map folder.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

</font>

• Sponsor of the (infamous) Invitational (Ari Maenpaa)</font>
  • Sponsor of the 2 WineCape Tourneys (Fangorn + KiwiJoe)</font>
  • Sponsor of the Nordic Championships in honour of Nabla </font>
  • RoW I/II/III/~ tourney sponsor (Wreck/Championship pending/~)</font>

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

Have I missed something? cus I can't find the maps anywhere at CM MOD DATABASE

... er help?

Mr. Byte, the Mapset fell off the "10 Most Recent" list, but it's still there, go to "D/L Mods", and "Search by Designer" to find me - Old Dog. :D

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Captain_Blue:

Old Dog,

You uploaded your maps to the Mod section of the site, not the Maps section...

Well, the CM Map Database only accepts single maps as CME files, not collections. I contacted COG at the Database and we agreed that uploading all (54) maps separately was *NOT* a good idea :D

Hopefully, COG will change the database to accept map collections in the future.

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

I'm having trouble finding your " Fishing village by the sea"

Which battle is it?

One of the urban ones?

One other thing, has anyone tried having sub-folders in the Quick Battles folder?

Try Urban2, Hoopenfaust. Urban is a bit of a stretch, it's a small town, but they do have paved streets and a plaza :D

- Old Dog