Making scenarios for May 1945

Hey all budding CM players.

Overm my time playing CM i've noticed not many scenarios have been set in the absolute final days of the war. May 1945, so I'm making some linked scenarios following a fictional american inf. battalion and fanatic German mountain troops and Volksstrum forces have minor clashes of around company size in the mountains of southern Germany. All fictional so don't worry.

So far I got 2 scenarios in the works

- "(No Title yet)" An American company is ambsushed in a valley by Volksstrum

-"The Last Laugh" Clearing out a sector of mountains, an American recon element makes contact with the base of operations of the militia forces.

Both are about company size battles with only light vehicles.

I'm just wondering if you have any ideas of what I can add to this line of connected scenarios.

Maybe start with some heavy tank battles,(though i dont know exactly which ones they were using then) i do know the King tiger. Have a slugfest or sumthin. Maybe try to find some accounts of late-war tank battles and recreate them.

just some ideas.

I have a May'45 scenario in the Depot, "Berlin - Get the Reichstag!", obviously fictional. I think your idea about a mini-campaign in May'45 is great!

Maybe you could make an scenario about US forces liberating a POW camp. You can use Security platoons or fanatical SS as guards. And unarmed troops as prisioners, if necessary (in this case, take care of the evil guards!)

Hey! better run, or I make that scenario by myself! :D

Originally posted by Leta:

I have a May'45 scenario in the Depot, "Berlin - Get the Reichstag!", obviously fictional. I think your idea about a mini-campaign in May'45 is great!

Maybe you could make an scenario about US forces liberating a POW camp. You can use Security platoons or fanatical SS as guards. And unarmed troops as prisioners, if necessary (in this case, take care of the evil guards!)

Hey! better run, or I make that scenario by myself! :D

To bad we cant make Barb-wire fencing. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

Actually, you can...remember the AT gun in a building trick? Well duplicate it, but have the barbed wire on a stone wall...i've toyed around with it, but found nothing to use it in yet...

AT gun in building? nope, can you fill me in?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a May '45 scenario. It's pretty fun, I guess... E-mail me if you'd like to try it.

Also about that building trick: It works with everything, not just AT guns. I usually make tanks completely empty of ammo, put them in a heavy building and call it "in the garage for repairs". It's fun to watch allied or axis soldiers take out the unarmed and immobile tank.

[ July 06, 2002, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Major Concussion ]

• 2 weeks later...

I recently designed a scenerio related to the US troop attacking a small German POW camp. Quite interesting, the US POW tried to escape when the battle starts, and thus fired on by the German guards! Those guards must have been charged with murder when the war was over.... tongue.gif

The scenerio is a short one (30 turns), company- size (with a few tanks), challenging for both sides, but I haven't played with other human player.

I made a massive linked map spanning 4 battles of the Kustrin/Seelow region. The fighting was of course USSR V. Germany. It was a bit too massive. I am going to rework it in CMBB. I am definately looking forward to the option to load saved units into other maps. Late war stuff is definately my greatest interest. The unit mixes were the most interesting on both sides-with the Allies and Axis(particularly) having a combination of war hardened men and green troops.